WTB Laser V SLT Saddle

• Super light, anatomic high tech saddle is for all levels of riders.
  • Features DNA padding, the Love Channel, and Comfort Zone Technology
  • Black/gray/yellow leather cover with titanium rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 12, 2013]
    lifer
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Durable, light, comfortable, right size for me.

Doesn't make you breakfast.

I discovered WTB Laser Vs 8-10 years ago & never looked back. I ride singletrack & DH. At some point several years ago, I realized I didn't need a shammy with this seat. I've got the SLT, and my Wife rides the team version. Somehow, we're both very happy with this seat. I crashed these hard, coated them with mud etc., and the only place I worn through the cover on one was at the nose after 3-4 years of use. Come to think of it, that old seat may have had a small hole in the side guard.

fizik

[May 09, 2012]
    rob1208lv

OVERALL
    Strength:

light, strong, and super comfy

tag heavy for the racer

when it comes to saddle, there is no compromise for me, it must be comfy. I test rode many saddles, and i just love the Laser V and if you get the TI rails (which is what this is a review for) its reasonably light also. I've landed hard on the saddle after a big air, and it held up fine, I've layed my bike down on the saddle during a crash and no tears, and I've done my share of 100 mile/bike packing trips in which my bum was very grateful.
    I've had my saddle for 4 bikes love this thing..

wtb rocket v slt, specialized bg

[Oct 29, 2011]
    Rocky Mountain Guy

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light and comfortable

Lasted only 3 days then ripped a chunk out of it the first time it hit the ground.

Should not be used on any mountain bike unless the material used for covering is upgraded ..... not a good value for price.

[Jun 07, 2011]
    freshtracks

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very well built, dense, thick, but light padding.

Too wide between the thighs, Also pretty wide across the back which can make dropping off the back difficult.

This is a really nicely built saddle if it fits your butt. I bought it to replace my Silverado Pro, which is too thin for my 200 lbs. I gave it 4 stars because it's a quality saddle.

Unfortunately, The Laser V does not fit mine very well. Here's why:

Note that this saddle is wider not only in the sit-bone area (which is good for me), but also in the middle section where the saddle narrows. It is this wide spot, a few inches back from the tip, that caused me problems. Rubbed my inner thighs the wrong way and caused some pretty bad sores. If you have thick thighs (with little space between your very upper legs), then the nose of this saddle will be too wide for you. It is also pretty wide in back, which you will notice when sliding back on steep downhills. I put this saddle on my town bike and I'll be saving up for either a Rocket V or Pure V SLT with the DNA padding for my MTB.

WTB Rocket V, WTB Silverado Pro

[Jul 19, 2010]
    DennisK

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very comfortable and light for the money

very poor built quality. the color of the leather cover is already fading and the saddle creaks like crazy. applied some teflon based lube and it still creaks. if it doesn't stop anytime soon i'll hack it with my ax

great for long cross country rides but quality a major let down. the rocket i have on my other bike is two years old and still looks like new - too bad it's so damned uncomfortable. i think it's going to be back to fizik for me.

wtb rocket, fizik nisene

[Mar 06, 2010]
    CGTe

OVERALL
    Strength:

Shell design and materials, cover & padding materials like DNA padding, leather cover and Kevlar corners

Titanium rails...it breaks. If you are a clydesdales/tall riders like me, then look for steel rail.

A simple and cheap cromoly steel rail even with some weight penalty would still be better than a titanium rails...looking for a steel rail to replace the broken titanium rail to an otherwise good saddle. If you are not a clydesdales or tall and heavy rider, then, the rail might not be a problem. If you are looking for a well designed saddle with good and durable materials than I would say this saddle has it. Only the rails is not good for me though.

Any saddle with cromoly steel rail...

[Apr 20, 2009]
    fcaw11

OVERALL
    Strength:

Respectable light weight, ample padding, Ti rails

Try it b4 you buy it.

For the price, one gets a good saddle. thus, 4 chilis.

Overall rating, 2 chilis. Why? I'm a smaller rider. This saddle never felt right on my pubis, lower hip bone.

WTB Pure V Race, WTB Rocket V Stealth

[Sep 21, 2007]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfortable

ti rails break

In the past WTB has been great about replacing broken or bent rails. A fellow named Marty ran WTB warranty for years and he was totally helpful and awesome. Recently Tiffany answered my warranty call (Martys gone) and did everything she could to not help. Broken or bent rails - too bad - you must be abusing the saddle. I've ridden and recommended WTB saddles and tires for years but if this is the new WTB warranty policy then I'll be using other products!

Specialized, Fizik

[Apr 08, 2006]
    Nathan

OVERALL

Best Seat I have ever owned! Buy it.

[Dec 31, 2006]
    Monsoon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks good, comfortable, light

weak!! I bent the Ti rails and WTB wouln't replace them. Said they were "abused." I thought titanium was the strongest metal on earth!

Horrible saddle and a complete waste of $. For the price of this one, i could've got 2 seats of better quality.

other cheaper, stronger, more comfortable saddles

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.