WTB Devo Saddle

WTB Devo Team Cromo Saddle. Saddles. WTB Devo Team Cromo Saddle WTB Devo Team Cromo Saddle - The Devo saddle combines firm DNA padding, a smooth leather cover and a very supportive moderate-width shell. It is the saddle of choice for two-time DH world champion Fabien Barel of Tea ....

[Oct 01, 2014]
steel_3d

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, racy, easy to move around on.

Hurts without padded shorts.

This saddle was pretty painful when I first got the bike (2009 Trance X3). I bought padded shorts, like you should, and when worn under my cargo shorts, the seat didn't bother me any more, even on long trail rides.

The seat's good at not getting in the way. Can easily get behind it on steep sections or on jumps. It's light, too. I weighed it at around 250g, if I remember correctly. I have the cr-mo rails. So it's great on the trail.

Then I started riding my bike to work, and I didn't want to be wearing padded shorts to change in an out of, and this seat was too uncomfortable again, even after ten minutes. Looking for something slightly more comfortable now.

It's such a simple saddle, can't believe WTB charges so much. I thought it must cost nothing, given that it came stock with my mid-range bike. Docked one more star for price.

So if you wanna spend the money, and only ride with padded shorts, it's a good saddle.

[Aug 11, 2014]
WineDine29er

OVERALL
Strength:

Thin and light, streamline, lightweight, not bulky, hard but not too hard, V groove in center to relieve pressure points.

A little stiff new out of the box.....Took a few rides to 'break-in'

This saddle is exactly what I was looking for: flat, wide, and streamline. I was sick of sitting on saddles that felt like my living room couch. Wanted something that would eliminate chafing yet still be comfortable. Right out of the package it was very stiff and felt like a brick, but after a few rides it broke in and is now very comfortable. Flexes just the right amount in just the right places. The Devo has very little padding but after trying many saddles I've learned that the amount of padding has very little to do with saddle comfort (You can have a saddle with a lot of padding and it can still be uncomfortable) Some people have asked me how I can sit on this saddle since it is so 'thin and hard'....what they fail to understand is that a saddle can still be VERY comfortable without a lot of padding.. A saddle's comfort comes down to how it fits each individual based on the rider's build/sit bones/etc. This saddle works GREAT for me. for the record, I am 6'1" 185 pounds with wide sitbones.

[May 08, 2012]
Hudnut

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to move around on. Comfortable thin padding

Kind of expensive

This is review of the cro-mo railed version

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.