Velo Plush Saddle

Velo Plush

[Dec 09, 2010]
james69

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable even during relatively long rides, i.e. a 6 hour,34 kilometer ride.

Durability, ergonomics.

I bought the saddle because my original one caused numbess and pain during long rides. The Velo Plush was definitely more comfortable for me but it took some getting used to since the saddle's shape is wider than my previous unit's, it took a few minor adjustment to dial it just right. What's disappointing is the product's durability, I bought it less than 3 months ago and it's now literally coming apart at the seams. I have never crashed the bike during the time the Velo was on nor was the saddle damaged during rides, the outer cover is coming undone at the seat's underside where it's glued and stapled. Too bad, if it had lasted more than a year I would have been happy.

WTB

[Apr 02, 2010]
TrekJeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Initially good, comfortable

Gradually wore down at the end of last season. I would have been disappointed if I had purchased it as and individual component

Seeing the $30 price ticket on this, it's not worth half that price.

WTB's product line up, hard to beat.

[Jan 22, 2009]
nuck_chorris

OVERALL
Strength:

pretty comfy , takes mild trails nice.

rail angle is a bit off for me,ugly.

its not the nicest color but it works good , by that i mean i don't get beat up when people see me riding it.the pleather is tough but it gets wrinkles. i don't think it adds significant amount of weight. its still going strong

velo spring seat.

[Oct 13, 2005]
Jonathan

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable saddle. I actually bought the gel version, while the plush was assigned to my fiancee. Easy to mount, we took our bikes out for two hours no problem. Hope I can feel the same excitement a year from now.

Could loose some weight. They weight around 400 grams.

For the price, the velo gel is a I think its a great cycling saddle, for the cycling fan who pprefers comfort over weight. I highly recommend it.

Selle Italia C2

[Mar 07, 2002]
David Benninga

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, best seat I've had so far after four bikes and many other seats, cheap, good looking. even good for long distances (over 100 miles)

great seat, when this one wears out, will buy another of the same.

specialized, bontrager, and more

[Dec 23, 2006]
dirtdigler

OVERALL
Strength:

WELL IT WAS CHEAP

bent like a bannana, rails are limp like flacid weena

well it was really cumfy on my bummy but it bent so much it looks like a cross between a concord jet and a bannana , basically it bent so much the clamp is stuck on the rails and cant get it off the seat post so follow up review is not so good its still feels good but its now on my sons bike along with the seat post , glad I didnt put it on an expensive carbon post , I am not that heavy
82kg /180 lbs either its made for lite weight weeny guys or just for standing over and not sitting on maybe its a road bike seat and not up to bumps or the rails are just to weak so if you are light buy one if you are a big boy dont!

lots

[Nov 11, 2006]
dirtdigler
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

most comfortable seat I have ever used firm but soft on the wedding tackle no pain in between the nuts and the bolt

ohh like none well maybe it could have kevlar side and back protection

the bottom line is this will keep yours happy ,very nice seat great for quick slide offs during downhill good support because it isnt to wide but gives support like a wide soft seat . Looks really nice clean simple lines , reasonably lightweight , rails are strong.
Purchased from torpedo7.com (New Zealand)check em out great deals wth really cheap weekly specials

wtb/ specialized

[Apr 15, 2007]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Free, came on bike. Better than a seatpost.

Plush, awful feel after the first couple km as the padding compresses and leaves you riding on the poorly formed substrate, really hard on the rear for anything longer than a short ride around the neighbourhood.

Toss it, buy a real saddle that is firm. Plush is nice only if you're going to the corner store. A firm saddle with a bit of give won't leave you riding on the plastic base after the padding compresses.

This saddle was nice when I test rode the bike. But halfway into my first ride it was obviously in need of replacement as the padding compresses (especially if you're a big guy) and the rear of the saddle is too wide to be comfortable at all. The wider rear might work for a woman with wider hips however (I've got a skinny rear for a 6'3" guy)

Titec Beserkr, Selle Italia NT1

[Apr 12, 2007]
Jordan

OVERALL
Strength:

more comfortable than the stocker and is pretty good overall, very cheap

ripped and a little heavy

its a great plush seat for a cheap price but i wouldnt recommend if you do something where your very likely to crash because it will rip i was riding a wheelie and went too far, when it hit the ground the corner of the seat tore about the size of a quarter and some of the padding is sticking out a little but its still useable

[Apr 12, 2007]
Jordan

OVERALL
Strength:

more comfortable than the stocker and is pretty good overall, very cheap

ripped and a little heavy

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.