Trico Sports Cruiser Saddle

Trico Sports Cruiser Saddle

[May 03, 2002]
Don

OVERALL
Strength:

2nd Generation gel has none of the problems of original gel (ie: butt does not pinch gel aside on long rides). Lycra or spandex cover helps wick away moisture. Between the gel and the springs this seat is VERY cushy.

The Lycra (or spandex?)cover ain't the most durable against abrasion and the seat did squeak a small but annoying amount. This was easily cured by dis-assembling and greasing the critical contact points under the seat frame. No problems since .

I highly recommend this seat. I'm 235lbs and the stock seat would tear me up in 5 miles. I put this seat on my mountain bike and though my fitness is not so hot my ability is pretty high and I show it no mercy . It really takes the pounding out of the trail and away from my butt. It even got better when (after a few months)I paired it with a suspension post. I never quite understood those who said that after a while , my butt would toughen up. Who WANTS a tough butt??
I do feel that I could use a narrower seat for serious mountain biking and eventually will go with a tri-flex or air-flex , both from Trico. Trico will ALWAYS get first consideration on any future seat purchase from me. It,s that good !!