Titec Berserkr El Norte Saddle

The toughest saddle we’ve ever built! Textured Kevlar-reinforced top with cool racing-stripe graphics & an embossed logo, and our all-new Back Brace for improved strength & durability.

• Cover: Textured Kevlar
  • Rails: Hollow Cromoly

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 03, 2003]
    Bicky

OVERALL
    Strength:

great comfort and strength, black and grey model looks better than red, easy on or off both back and front, durable sides

the seems that hold the plastic top to kevlar sides split open

The person below complains of rails breaking, but this is the strongest seat I have ever used and I do big drops to flat and I weigh 220 pounds, so I say the rails are up to the task. Maybe the person below should use a post with wider mounting surface. The seams busting out just breaks my heart because this is an otherwise perfect saddle

too many to mention

[Oct 21, 2002]
    winston

OVERALL
    Strength:

strong, comfortable compared to others, looks pretty good, nice brace on the back rails, no sliding around

the black bleeds over the red sections a bit giving it an aged look fast

comfortable compaired to others I've tried but I still haven't found the perfect seat. Not overly huge like other downhill/freeride saddles and easy to get behind it. Lots of grip and texture.

all specialized seats, nashbar brand, selle italia

[Sep 12, 2001]
    Steve K

OVERALL
    Strength:

kevlar reinforced perimeter; very very comfortable; sporty red/black stripe look; super strong cromo rails.

none yet

my skinny xc coda 1000 saddle was getting so unbearable on the drops and doing wheelies, I bought this saddle and I last so much longer on rides. This saddle is THE freeride saddle for the people. You will enjoy its good looks, super durability, and unbelievable comfort.

coda 1000 saddle, various selle italias

[Apr 17, 2003]
    Dave Cohen

OVERALL
    Strength:

Super strong kevlar sides, tough cromo rails, comfy, looks sweet.

Kinda expensive.

I use my Stab primarily for Urban and a little hucking and I kept bending the rails on my saddles. This thing takes the hits and asks for more. It's big enough to find whenever you need it but small enough to get behind for hucks and drops. It's a really nice saddle for riders who are tougher on their equipment and definitely worth the extra couple bucks over the cheaper lightweight stuff.

Red Line, tons of XC saddles.

[Jul 14, 2001]
    KEVIN

OVERALL
    Strength:

-incredible comfort
    -tough corners, not ripping after falls
    -perfect size
    -haven't bent the rails

-weight i guess, doesn't matter to me though
    -a little bright in color
    -cost

soooooo... comfortable for the type of rider who likes to play on his/her bike.
    FREERIDERS WILL LOVE THIS SADDLE
    not for 2%bodyfat long distance xc riders, its a bit too wide.

bontrager fs2000 (great also), wtb sst..., serfas arc, avocet etc..

[Apr 28, 2003]
    Bob

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks good on my hardtail

weak-ass rails, brace doesn't seem to do anything for strength, seams are ripping apart

crap

azonic hot seat, wtb kevlar

[Mar 04, 2004]
    jtd

OVERALL
    Strength:

comfortable
    good shape
    strong rails

weak plastic
    terrible stitching

Not worth the money. Don't get me wrong, the seat feels nice and the rails are super strong, but the weaknesses outweigh those strengths.
    The cover is very durable material wise, but the stitching is on the outside which eventually wears away splitting the cover off the seat. Now, I am not an aesthetics only person, but this is just annoying and very poorly designed.
    Also after some use I broke the plastic between the rails. The rails are straight and true, but the seat is broken in half and stripped of its pretty covering.
    Overall, not worth the money. Buy a $20 bmx seat and replace it 3 times for the cost of this one. That is unless you like throwing your money away.

a lot....

[Aug 28, 2001]
    Afroman

OVERALL
    Strength:

Built on the proven shape/design of the Berzerker
    Added softness in the sweet spot..
    Strengthened a bit more than berzerker.

None yet.

Although I haven't been on a good ride with this saddle yet, I thought i'd throw my 2 cents up here. Let you all know what sold me on this one. It's built on the proven design of the berzerker (see those reviews for ease of movement around the saddle etc...) BUT It seems quite a bit stronger, has a nice reinforment steel thing going across the back of the rail that says "el Norte".. They also added a special cushion under your sweet spot that seems really comfortable... I bent a Selle Italia in a couple months, that thing was weak... i'm looking for titec to come through on this one... I'll post more after a couple months of hard abuse.. A bit pricey so it gets four flaming habaneros of death.. overall my impressions are very good... El Norte represent!

Selle Italia (the stock one on an RM6)
    Various WTB saddles...

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.