Spiderflex Saddle Saddle

The Dependable, Durable Bike Seat !

• Super-tough, all-weather polyurethane seat pads
  • High-grade polished stainless steel frame
  • Comfortable pre-loaded suspension system

The New Generation Bike Saddles !

• Comfortable ergonomic saddle design
  • Fits standard seat posts and clamps
  • Easy installation

Comfortable Ergonomic Bicycle Seats !

• Comfortable ergonomic bicycle seats for all bike riders
  • Wide seat area for better weight distribution
  • Ergonomic center relief eliminates pelvic/perineal pressure
  • Ventilated seat slots reduce heat/moisture buildup
  • Cradles your "sit-bones" to alleviate pressure points
  • Eliminates chafing on the inner thigh area
  • Comfortable "long ride" suspension system
  • Works great on trainers and exercise bikes

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 09, 2017]
    Mark Summers

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great Quality, long lasting materials, great in all environments hot and cold, comfortable and hornless

I have owned and used this seat for many years, have it on 2 bikes, one a fat bike and the other a standard mountain bike, weight in the 260 lb range and have never had an issue with this seat, I just get on it and ride, gotta love a seat that you don't think about when your riding or thinking about the pain after riding... pain free riding is a must for me, I read Gary's post about the bolt breaking, the bolt did not come with the seat it is part of the seat post, I had to replace the seat post on my first mountain bike as it would not clamp the seat rails properly... lower priced seat post was the issue, purchased a higher quality seat post and no problems, my fat bike came with a better quality seat post as it was a more expensive bike, the seat fits perfectly.. we live in central Canada where the weather goes from one extreme to the other +35 Celsius in the summer to - 35 in the winter and yes we are out there riding in all conditions. The seat has never failed or fallen apart. Price is not an issue with this seat as the life span is years and the comfort is the best.
    hope everyone has fun riding and enjoy the trails summer and winter

[Jul 28, 2017]
    Thomas Lesko

OVERALL
    Strength:

This seat is very well made.

Very hard, very expensive.

This seat, while very well made and seemingly a good product, did not do well for me. It is hard and does not flex. It is especially bothersome where the pelvic bone rests on the saddle, it adds pressure which defeats the purpose for me. The holes in each side would be helpful if they were much larger, thus allowing minimal the pelvic bone contact and if the seat material was softer and thicker. Perhaps a bit of a "horn" would help in maneuverability without bothering our male issues, even an extension of the mounting rods would help there. I really wanted this to work (post prostate surgery) but I ended up going back to a regular seat with sheepskin top and spend a lot of time with weight on my feet as in motorcycle dirt riding to take the pressure off my bottom areas.

[May 30, 2017]
    Gary Markowski

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great for a no shock ride with no pressure/shocks to the prostate.

Material flaws. Bolt holding seat in position snapped in half while I was high speed rounding a corner. I thought the bike frame had broken as I went tumbling to the pavement. Destroyed my right hip and arm and my head smashed to the pavement. Nasty head cut and bump. Lucky did not break neck as my head snapped back and hit pavement. Lucky to be alive.

What can I say? Always thought it was a great product until hidden flaws in it's material almost killed me yesterday. It'll be months before I'm back to normal.

[Aug 06, 2015]
    Ron
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Superb Design

Seat soft material failed after first year.

I liked the design of this seat so much that I mocked up a version using plywood and kevlar mat and attached it to the existing frame.
    Believe it or not, it was still very comfortable, to the point where you don't even think about it.
    I later replaced the plywood with Angelique and kevlar backing and have a beautiful, comfortable seat.
    I have other hornless seats that work ok, but don't even come close to the comfort of the Spiderflex design.
    When I started using this seat I was in the 240 lb. range and only ride rougher terrain, so that is probably why the original seat material failed.

The Seat

[Mar 24, 2015]
    Mark

OVERALL
    Strength:

-comfortable, strong , durable

I have been recreational mountain bike riding for 40 years, some years heavier than others, I always had an issue with getting a sore butt, I got my Spiderflex seat about 5, 6 years ago and love it!!
    we ride year round even in the winter at -20 c and this seat holds up .. no problem !
    love the seat and its comfort, great hornless design that lasts and lasts ..

[Aug 26, 2013]
    sroussin

OVERALL
    Strength:

design
    customer service

design: the only one with a suspension (1/2 inche)
    customer service: after 4 years of having m spiderflex, the metal structure snaped (manufacturing defect) and the company sent me a new one. I didn't see that defect in other reviews to it'a a rare case. Reliability and comfort is awesome. A proud canadian conception.
    Setting instalation: raise up tha handlebars as hight as possible and attached the bottom bracket of the seat at 1 inch from his tip. the seat will look way back but it's the most comfortable i'll become.

[Apr 09, 2011]
    Bob

OVERALL
    Strength:

Excellent for no pressure between the legs, ie. prostate.
    No post ride discomfort. Very durable.

I haven't found any weakness in the product. However after two years there seems to be less flex, a bit harder ride. I don't know if it a problem with the shock absorber, adjustment or just my old butt.,

The bottom line is this is a great product. It has given me two years of great riding with zero prostate discomfort.
    I ride everyday during what passes for a season in Michigan. I have tried many seats to relive discomfort but this is the best one I have found. Kudos to Spiderflex.

I have a collection of "prostate friendly" seats. The type
    that still have a horn but are cut out in the center. They just don't work.

[Feb 10, 2011]
    BikeToAustralia

OVERALL
    Strength:

well made, well thought out design, IT WORKS - reduced pain, lots of adjustments available, both men and women can ride the same seat with less pain, increased air circulation cools you off and reduces saddle sores.

It is expensive. No horn in front means you can not ride no hands. All the adjustments you can make means you have to spend time and thought experimenting to find out what works for you. Sitting upright is the position the seat was designed for - riding in other positions is not that comfortable. The seat looks different, some people like the way it looks, some people don't.

I love it. It works. I searched for "ergonomic" bicycle seats online, this seat made the most sense to me. It was designed from the bottom up, our bottoms.

Riding no hands is not an option for me anyways; my fully loaded, touring bike weighs 150 pounds. I live on my bike, this is my home, my life, my work. I rode 8,000 miles so far with this saddle. Comfortable is important. A recumbent might be more comfortable but nothing else I know of or can imagine is as comfortable.

Tried the Schwinn hornless saddle for a few minutes.

[Sep 02, 2010]
    Townie Nut

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very well built. Excellent design over others out there. Easy to adjust. The shock is heavy duty. It has spring to it and my 250lbs. does have spring to it! Sweat doesn't absorb into the seat allowing it to rot away as the salts in our body will.

none at all.

I've never written a product review until now. Been a bicycle enthusiast all my life. Always had the sore butt no matter what I rode. Twenty years ago, I remember seeing the Hobson easy seat in the back pages of bicycling magazine and thought what a wierd looking seat it is. And also thought they may be onto something with that design. As I'm getting into my middle ages, bought the Electra Townie which is the most comfortable bicycle "other than their seat" I've ever had. I had a Specialized Hardock mtb. Hands would go numb as well as the butt. I saw this hornless Schwinn seat in Wal Mart for twenty bucks. What is it going to hurt to try it! I was definately heading in the right direction. Traded that bike in for this Townie I dearly love to ride. I didn't keep the seat. So I was back to the sore tailbone and the "manly parts" getting that numbness going on again! So I get back on the search. I checked them all out. Read the reviews. Saw the prices....Holy crap! Over a hundred dollars for the SpiderFlex? Uh, I think I'll get the Hobson's easy seat! Bad move on my part. The customer service was great but the comfort of this seat just wasn't what I was looking for.I even bought the gel cushions for it. They slid around and made it feel like you going to roll off the seat. So I decided to drop the hundred-ten bucks and buy the SpiderFlex. I rode less than a quarter mile and if my butt was smiling!I usually averaged twenty miles on a long weekend ride. And my butt was sore on the easy seat...I rode 40 miles that weekend with my SpiderFlex. If you have the soreness and numbness going on, save your money up and get this set. Between two different companies with the same concept, nothing came remotely close to the quality or comfort of this seat.And I must say that Doug Sylvester from SpiderFlex is an awesome customer service rep.! Like I said before, I've never wrote a review until now. I give it five stars all the way.

schwinn hornless seat. The Hobson easy seat-with the gel covers.

[Jun 02, 2009]
    lolmaus

OVERALL
    Strength:

* It really saves you from pains in the ass when you ride long. If you ride it for a long time, you might feel pain, but it is a lot smaller than from a usual seat. It would be like when sitting for a long time on a wooden bench. It is way less painful than
    * It amortizes bumbs. When you ride it, rough asphalt is smoother. The amortization only covers small bumps. Inside the cartridge there is just a simple spring without any absorber.
    * It lets you hop to the ground easily — thanks to lack of nose.

* It doesn't let you control your bike with your thighs. It is a great disadvantage! If you ride between cars, you can only control the bike alignment with your hands which is way more difficult. Releasing one hand (to gesticulate or wipe sniffles) might be dangerous, releasing both hands is almost impossible.

*It might be dangerous when taking a bumpy slope. When riding over bumps, the saddle kicks your ass to the front. A strong bump during a descent may push you off the seat. And as there's nothing between your thighs you will most likely lose control of your bike.

* It requires a set back seat post bought separately. When looking at Spiderflex, you might think: why there are so long brackets? In fact, they aren't long enough! That's because Spiderflex should be under your buttocks, not under your perineum like a conventional seat. Spiderflex manufacturer admits that on their website and suggests that you buy a set back seatpost.

* It costs a fortune . I paid $150 for the seat and overseas delivery. Here in Russia you can buy a nice road bike for this sum.

* The spongy material wears out quickly and it's not replaceable. Consider wrapping the spongy halves with a reinforced sticky tape.

I bought a Spiderflex out of curiousosity. I read positive and negative opinions about it. Positive ones were from people suffering from pains/illnesses that would not let them ride a conventional saddles. Negative opinions were from bikers who did not actually try it! It is clear that opinions of both camps can't be considered unbiased. So i decided to try it myself.

I rode Spiderflex once on my commuter (Marin Muirwoods 29er) and immediately put a usual seat back. I will never ride Spiderflex on a sport-like bike again (by "sport-like" i mean any conventional mountain or road bike).

But i found a great use to it on my custom stretch cruiser Joseph Stalin http://www.picamatic.com/view/3508062_02052009328/ (i'm going to replace its seat with Spiderflex, assembled a prototype fastening already).

So this seat is either for those who have prostatitis, piles or other problems that won't let them use a conventional seat, or for owners of bikes that do not require balancing when riding: choppers, lowriders, etc.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.