Specialized BG2 Sport Womens Saddle Saddle

• Proven Body Geometry design

[Jun 17, 2006]
Sharon Donaldson

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable for x-country. Reasonable price ($69 NZ). Feels okay if it gets wet. Very few saddles adjusted backwards enough for me - this one did. Just the right amount of padding for x-country - not too bouncy and not too hard.

Started creaking after a couple of weeks. Seems to be okay though.

I found it really hard to find a suitable saddle. I'm tall and slim, but no more so than many other female mtn bikers. My old one was too wide in the back making it hard to get my weight back quickly. It was too bouncey and too cold when wet. Many saddles I tried were too wide - why do designers make such huge saddles for women? I tried numerous saddles before finally buying this one. This saddle felt the most comfortable on trial and has proved to be comfortable for off-road riding. I'm not sore and not getting bounced around either. This saddle doesn't make my butt cold when its wet which is great! The only concern I have is that it creaks a fair bit , I think where the rails connect at the back of the saddle. So far it seems okay and I'm checking it regularly just in case.
I'd give it 5 chillies if it wasn't for the creaking.
I'd recommend this saddle for slim to medium riders. Bigger riders might find it not padded enough and perhaps not wide enough, although I think this model comes in different widths.