Specialized BG2 Sport Saddle Saddle

• Proven Body Geometry design

[Dec 21, 2009]
jumper780

OVERALL
Strength:

-Durable
-Cheap
-Soft

-Heavy

Look, this seat is great. Yes, it does feel like you are floating when you first get it but you get the feel of it later. No numb nuts. I've had it for 3 years and it still looks good. If your a weight weenie look for something else.

-OEM crap

[Sep 06, 2008]
Derek Zoolander

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, lightweight, comfy

Adjuster bolt comes loose every couple rides

I love this seat except that my bolt keeps coming loose and causes it to rattle. I'd recommend putting some threadlock on it when installing. Stays comfortable on long rides. Cheap and effective.

OEM

[Jul 28, 2008]
shermerhigh

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable on long rides. Relieves pressure on the crotch area. Keeps your butt from getting numb.

I replaced my stock Bontrager Select Basic saddle for this and I couldn't be happier. It might not be the lightest saddle out there, but who cares. It's light enough. It has to be the best lower-priced saddle out there.

Bontrager Select Basic

[Aug 12, 2007]
Peter Beckman

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable, price

I got really numb with the stock seat. I switched to this one, and love it.

OEM seat

[Aug 01, 2007]
vincent fazio

OVERALL
Strength:

nice look, light weight

none yet

this is a great seat,i had the stock seat which killed my arse,then i bought the milano gel.the milano was almost as bad as the stock junk.this is the best seat for the money,it's a baragin.comfortable for long rides of an hour,nice on trail riding too.
go get one if you don't like what you have.

milano gel

[Jul 21, 2007]
Manuel

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, look

vulnerable fabric stiching

This saddle came with my bike which i purchased used from Gearing Up in Taos NM. the bg2 sport is a wonderful feeling to plop down on after pumping intervals. pedaling sitting down is also a quite delectable sensation. i used this saddle steady daily on and off road, 10+miles/day until i flipped my bike one day on a downhill and it landed saddle side down which left the bg2 sport with it's rear end kinda pointing further down. could never quite bend it back into it's intended shape so mourned the loss and bought another! this saddle rules!

[Jun 16, 2007]
Steve Adams

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent design for preventing soreness and numbness during extended time in the saddle. Saddle is narrow enough that it allows ease of movement when up on the pedals while negotiating technical single track terrain.

Soft feel of the cushions takes a bit to get used to.

This is a very capable saddle for the price. I have found it equally capable whether I'm riding 15 or 20 miles of Hike and Bike Trail on a Sunday afternoon with the family (at 245 lbs the cushioning is very welcome on these rides) or if I'm traversing 100 yards of tree root laden single track switchback. After riding a Velo Crossbow saddle for many years it took a few rides to get used to the soft nature of this saddle (I constantly had the feeling that the bike was moving around under me whenever I was in the saddle), but now that I have it's a great addition to my "old school" rig.

I would recommend this saddle for anyone that is going to spend any extended time "in" the saddle, (i.e. Hike and Bike Trails, commuting, etc.) but also spends some time up on the pedals riding technical single track.

[Feb 19, 2007]
Robman

OVERALL
Strength:

super comfy and durable

can't find them any more except at specialized.com

this is a reallly really good seat for the price. Of course I got it on sale but hey it's still cheaper than other saddles. I'm only 140 pounds so I could see how the heavys could wear it out. If you don't weigh a lot and like your package to feel good and the end of a long ride go with this saddle. I have run this on a hardtail XC bike too and it is way cooshy. You can feel it flex, but at my weight it does not get floppy. Even after close to 3 years on the trail/ several thousand miles. I don't race so obviously the weight concious may want a lighter rig.

NOTE value rating for price paid, at 40 bucks MSRP is has some contenders.

many

[May 05, 2006]
Garry

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, styling, build quality.

Weight (though not enough of a problem to stop me buying another one). It looks like it'll be painful and feels odd the first time you use it but you'll be amazed at the comfort.

My Commencal came with the SDG and after the first short ride I knew I had to change it (very numb tackle). I bought the BG sport and used it in a couple of short (approx 15 Miles) races at the beginning of the year and it felt fine. I have also done a 6 hour enduro on it recently and had no problems at all. I'm a fairly heavy rider (200 lbs) and this saddle does the job brilliantly. I'll certainly be buying another one if this ever wears out.

SDG Bel-air Cro-mo

[Oct 03, 2007]
Martin

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks
Feel

I replaced the OEM with this saddle and wow what a difference. I do not go numb anymore. The only slight drawback, is that you have to initially get used to the softness, it kind of makes you feel like your floating. After that, I wouldn't use anything else.

OEM

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.