Selle SMP TRK Saddle

• Frame: AISI 304 tubular steel rails

[May 22, 2013]
Corey

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and price

Comfort for larger riders, i am 6'2" 200lbs, and it works great. I use it for both my road bike and my mountain bike. Plus you cant beat the price.

I do the LOTOJA bike race from Logan Utah to Jackson Hole Wyoming every year, 206 miles. And the seat was comfortable the entire way.

I just started using it on my mountain bike and i have no complaints. On rough technical rides or easy trail rides, i never have had any discomfort.

[Jul 15, 2012]
MarkB

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, comfort

Can be tricky to set up properly

After trying a multitude of saddles, Body Geometry types as well as general ergo styles, I saw the TRK for a fraction of the price of the other SMP models -- got one for myself, and another for my sister (she has a special need in a saddle, and this worked superbly!); After a little fussing and trial & error, I was able to dial in the fit. My experience is, it needs to me a bit more nose-down than others, YMMV.

Maybe it's my Clyde size, but even this saddle, the best I've ever used, gets to me a little after 3-4 hours of riding. I find myself going seated longer than before without having to do a lot of standing, and the ache eases faster, so it IS an improvement.

Having tried my sister's bike, now my DAUGHTER wants the Lady version for HER next bike! They're doing SOMETHING right, with these "fussy butts"!

BG Milano (2 models), BG Sonoma, 2 Selle Italias (don't remember models), Nashbar crapola

[Apr 23, 2012]
knutso

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and No Frills Affordability

There is a little, couple gram piece of plastic on the back that is unnecessary and costing me milliseconds !
Materials, while perfectly functional, are clearly value-oriented.

My 29er ST has a pretty radical seattube curve in order to shorten the chainstays while accommodating the soft-tail air can. I like riding my saddle nose pointed down, so I was in a quandary when my seatpost couldn't provide the saddle angle I wanted, while working against the curve of the ST.

Enter this SMP TRK. The bent beak keeps itself outta my way and the channel in the middle is perfectly placed. I like the saddle's extra padding but I am an 'outta tha saddle' type rider so I am not sure how it will compliment riding techniques that rely heavily on the saddle to support lots of weight and provide mech advantage.

It is no frills material-wise but the design is one of a kind so, if you need it, thank selle for looking out for you and your personal comfort.

[Nov 15, 2009]
norcom

OVERALL
Strength:

Very plush/soft. Price.

VERY wide. Heavy. Feels cheap.

I only tried this saddle for a 20 mile ride and then I took it off. It's just WAY to wide for me so I'm giving it to my dad. I think he'll like it.
can't
It was comfortable and I didn't feel like I needed to adjust to it. It felt good and if you're looking for a wide saddle you this one is it. My major issue was pedaling; my thighs were rubbing on the saddle too much for my preference. I'm 6'1" ~165-170lbs

The TRK stands for "trekking" and I guess I should have taken that into consideration. I ordered the SMP Strike Extra which is 20mm narrower but still has the padding. I hope it works out better for me. I just couldn't justify the $250 for the other saddles. Maybe I should have got the "Hybrid".

WTV Rocket V SLT Ti, some specialized saddle and a few other generic saddles.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.