Selle San Marco Era Pro Saddle

[Feb 06, 2006]
kimchi

OVERALL
Strength:

light, durable, narrow diameter prevents chafing.

uncomfortable without chamois, ineffective padding, railroad tracks will prevent you from having kids.

I rescued this one from the bargain bin... and 6 months later, I want my $10 back. I weigh 138lbs, and I'm not particularly picky about seats, but this one was punishing me something fierce. I'm not kidding about the railroad tracks. My feet bounced out of the pedals while standing and coasting over tracks, and this thing pounded my prostate like a sledge hammer on silly putty.

Maybe it's because I don't wear spandex with the chamois pad thingie, but dayamn, I can't take it any more. I'm not a racer; I ride everywhere and commute by bike all year around.

I swapped my crappy OEM Specialized BG seat back on, and it's way comfier. Not ideal, because the padding is too soft and it weighs a ton, but at least the torturous prostate prodding is over.

Specialized BG6, various Brooks saddles

[Nov 04, 2002]
Gary

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made and numbness is a thing of the past.

None yet

Great Saddle. I got this ERA FX 03' form the distributor due to a warranty issue with another product. I had a feeling this saddle would be comfortable due to the special section in the nose of the saddle. I have been on some rides that approached three hours and still no problem. The saddle shape allows you to move front to back freely without causing you to be stuck in one spot like some others. I thought my trusty san Marco Squadra was the one and only but this one is better. The ERA is narrower than the Squadra and I thought it would be a problem with me being a bigger guy with wide sit bones and all, but this wasn't the case at all! Give this saddle a try if your having any comfort issues with the one your riding now.

most sella Itala ,Sella San Marco and the WTB Classic

[May 03, 2004]
Rodolfo Canet

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, strongly built, durability

extremely uncomfortable, not so light

The middle weight may fool buyers to think they are purchasing a comfort saddle, but far from that, this seat is (by far) the most uncomfortable I've ever used. Bottom sores are suffered all the time. One year later I've given up and ordered a new saddle

Selle Italia XO

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.