Selle Italia Shiver Gel Flow Saddle

• Width: 153 mm

[Aug 23, 2009]
Vegard

OVERALL
Strength:

~Lightweight (265g)
~Comfy (for me)
~Fairly cheap
~A huge step up from seats found on stock bikes in the sub $800 category.

~No colour options.

This seat felt great from the start, I was really psyched up after installing it so I went on a 15km ride in various terrain. Where the stock cdale and gt seats had made my buttocks sore the Shiver kept me going till my camelbak was empty.

I wouldn't however recommend this to anyone, people are shaped differently so whenever you can; try before you buy!

~Cdale stock seat
~GT stock seat
~Selle glider

[Aug 10, 2009]
breakaway9

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively comfortable saddle.

Kind of narrow for me but that really isn't a weakness

This saddle came on my bike when I bought it. It was relatively comfortable for the first couple of rides. When I started doing some more technical trails the crotch of my biking shorts would get caught on the two sharp points at the back of the saddle and sometimes on the hooked nose of the saddle. There were a couple of times I almost went over the bars because while rapidly shifting my weight my shorts would catch and carry the back end of the bike into the air... or I was unable to drop off the back of the seat because my shorts were stuck to the nose... This would be okay as a road saddle but for off road I would strongly suggest something else...

B-17, Specialized saddle.

[Jun 26, 2009]
deniq

OVERALL
Strength:

Rather lightweight as for off-road saddle, comfortable, breathful. Strong covering and solid rails. Also nice design

none so far

Excellent saddle for off-road racing and also enough comfortable for all-day trail riding.

Various Selle Italia and WTB common stuff

[Jun 23, 2009]
Montytian

OVERALL
Strength:

so comfortable, after 1000km no problem at all.

non

very comfortable saddle.

bontrager

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.