Selle Italia Lady Saddle

This saddle was developed specifically for women riders, allowing greater comfort but sacrificing nothing in performance. Design features include a “Specific Soft Tissue Relief” area and extra “Flex Control” padding in all the right places ensuring a genuine high end product that is comfortable to ride.

[Oct 04, 2003]
Olivier

OVERALL
Strength:

Mine has the TRANSAM design. It's probably the 1999 model. The cushioning of the main part of the saddle is gently soft. It's pretty wide.
My butt fits nicely on it ;-) (FYI I'm 62kg - 130pds)
I bought it originally for my girlfriend. Actually, I'm using it myself and it's very confortable for me.

Tiny cracks in the leather after 3 years of use. However, I have to admit that I never paid attention to special care for the saddle.
It has "Ldy" printed on it, a strange touch on a man's bike.

Extremely confortable for men also. I chose the very same model as a saddle for the new addition to my bike line.

No name, standard stuff.
WTB.

[Sep 28, 2003]
Becky

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, light, great on distance rides on the road bike.

Manganese rail on my new gel version that I put on my mountain bike snapped after 4 rides in the woods. Currently SI does not even offer Ti or Cromoly rails for the women's version of the saddle the way they do for the men's.

Bar none, this is THE most comfortable saddle I've ever used and I liked it so well on my road bike I ordered the gel version to go on my mountain bike. However, it shouldn't have busted a rail on my mountain bike so easily (I'm 150 pounds with my gear). Looking at the broken rail, it appears to have some impurities in the manganese, resembling red clay mixed in with it, and so I am hoping it's just a dud batch of rails they received from their supplier. I have an e-mail in to SI regarding this, and I hope they honor my request to have a replacement saddle sent out. I have also suggested to them that they rethink the whole Manganese option only for the women's saddles, ad of course hope they offer something more reliable than manganese in the future.

So, even though I love this saddle on my road bike, THIS is MOUNTAIN BIKE REVIEW, so I have to rate it for the trail riders out there, and take some chilis away because a saddle should last for more than a few rides (I've NEVER had a rail snap on me before). Value-wise, I feel it was overpriced at Cambria, and I suggest getting it elsewhere instead.

So, final assessment: I would recommend buying this for a road bike with no hesitation, but for the mountain bike, until they fix the rails, you'd do better looking elsewhere for ti or cromoly rails.

Terry Sport saddle, Terry Women's Liberator (OUCH), sundry other men's versions

[Jan 10, 2006]
Edith

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, durable

Great saddle. I have used it for road riding, then switched to use for mountain biking. It works for both. I have used it consistently for the last year and it has held up great. I can ride for hours comfortably.

Terry butterfly

[Mar 22, 2005]
Lanora P

OVERALL
Strength:

My first Selle Italia saddle was an Oktavia. I loved the 'flex', but I hated the fit. I was literally, wounded. However, not the saddle's fault, just an incorrect fit. I had been searching for a narrow saddle so that I could easily move to the back, but the Oktavia was so narrow that it did not accommodate my 'sit bones'. After measuring those 'sit bones' on specialized's memory foam butt bone measure thing....I found out that I was indeed putting most pressure on the 'soft-tissue' area and need I say more. Ouch! Moving on, I purchased the Selle Italia's Lady Gel Flow. I love it. I would love it even more if they would offer different widths, as it is still on the wide side for me to get around. That said, it is still an all-round fantastic saddle and even my guy likes it too. I would also suggest that they remove the 'Ldy' off the nose as it looks a little silly. The saddle is a very comfortable ride, no more saddle-soreness, at all. So, my advice, measure your bones and you'll probably find saddle fitting less complicated.

"Ldy" stamp cramps its 'style'
Still on the wide side for getting around

I would not hesitate to recommend this saddle. I give it a 5 for overall value and overall a 4.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.