Selle Italia Flite Saddle

The legendary Selle Italia Flite saddle, one of the most beloved saddle platforms of all time. Flite is one of our classic saddles, now restyled with surprising results. The Flite is a mix of light weight, exceptional comfort and performance design.

[Dec 31, 2012]
dru

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the reissued 1990 version with Ti rails. Comfortable from the 1st minute it hit my butt. All leather, no plastic, embossing or any other stuff sticking up to cause unwanted friction.

I wish it was as light as my Selle Italia SLR

It's a nice saddle. The profile from side to side I'd describe as rounded. Nose to back the profile is essentially flat. Ti rails are very deep, perhaps these will give some bump absorption? All leather.

As for fit I've owned/own a S.I. Slr, Avocet o2, Fizik Arione (agony), Specialized, and the Flite is by far the most comfortable.

[Apr 18, 2011]
icemonkey

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, comfort

Comfort - You have to break it in. The first month is hell.

Superb saddle, the most comfortable I have owned after it was broken in. It feels like you have so much real estate under your butt, the ability to move around the saddle to get a good position, clamp the nose between your legs and ride in comfort. Mine has died after about 12 years, the leather just couldnt take being so battered. LOVE EM.

Lots and lots

[Jul 13, 2010]
Gregg K

OVERALL

I bought this seat in 1988. I remember it as being one of the first things I could buy for a mountain bike that had titanium. I rode on it until 2001. Here it is 2010, and I've put it back on my bike (Ibis Mojo). I couldn't find a better saddle. Then to my surprise I discovered they're making the original Flite again.

It just seemed odd that I'd be riding the seat I bought 21 years ago. Talk about nostalgia. My friend worked in Cambria at the bike shop when it was just a hole in a wall. Good times. And now I can ride without a sore arse again.

A WTB saddle. Selle Italia Max Flite $120 saddle (ouch).

[May 20, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight saddle, well designed and looks the dogs b's........

Take's a while to bed in........pampers recommended!

Got my first Flite Ti saddle in the early 90's and i have had 2 since then. Brilliant saddle! They last ages and i hammer off road all over the place. The only downer is that they take a few good rides to bed in properly. Overall i highly recommended this saddle!

Selle Italia Turbo

[May 03, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

It is a saddle.

It hurts.

It don't like this saddle. Had it for a year and we've never got into a nice relationship. It hurts.

I've tried many more and stopped with Selle Italia SLK.

Many others.

[Jun 13, 2003]
Martijn

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight
looks
comfy enough for me

for me, none.

The one I have is a 1998 model - special offer - paid only 20 euro's for it!
That's a great deal! 80 euro for the 2003 model is quite expensive though.
Value for money for 20 euro's: 5/5
Value for money for 80 euro's: 2/5
Overall rating: for a saddle that's very personal, for me: 5

San Marco Era K
San Marco Concor
Cheap OEM saddles on various bikes.

[May 30, 2003]
Maxx Lee

OVERALL
Strength:

Minimalist, ageless design. Comfy, light and sturdy.
Nothing extra required.

Used it for 6 years and about 18,000 miles. Never failed me. Changed around to other saddles just to get a different feel, hasn't surpassed this by very much really.

A little thin on padding, needs a little breaking in and not suitbable for a large proportion of hip/butt shapes.

Love it or hate it. Its just it ....

"Not for everyone's butt".

But haven't found anything significantly better since either ....

Selle San Marco Era Pro
Selle Italia Fluid

[May 27, 2003]
Matthew O'Gorman

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight

extremely painfull

This seat doesn't fit everyone, if it hurts after 10 miles don't convince yourself that it needs to break in. This seat caused pain on my seat bones to the point where I could no longer enjoy the ride. I had pain in the prostate for 2 full days after. I switched to a WTB gel saddle that same night and my rides since have been problem free. The weight difference is not worth the sacrifice in comfort.

WTB Gel

[May 23, 2003]
Rick Simms

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable and well made

not cheap

I'd had pain and numbness from the Turbo saddle that was on my first bike. I bought a used Swinn/Paramount from a local sponsored Schwinn rider and was horrified at seeing such a minimalist sadle on it. I wanted to test this pro level bike more than I wanted to take the time to swap over to the Vetta gel tracktor seat I had to use in order to have a sex life. As soon as I jumped on I was amazed at the comfort level.

Turbo(yeccht), Vetta, Velo

[May 23, 2003]
Rick Simms

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable and well made

not cheap

Turbo(yeccht), Vetta, Velo

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.