Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Saddle

The Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow uses the Flite's legendary shape with a Gel Flow anatomic cutout. The silicone gel padding around the cutout improves vibration damping.

[Jul 27, 2012]
Todd McMahon

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, fun graphics on TLD. Leather is awesome

I have broken 1 shell(base), and bent rail on another

Customer service is helpful through WA state. They repair rails for $30

[Dec 18, 2011]
hoolie

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable. Mine is black Flite Gel Flow. I also have Troy Lee Designs Flite Turbo (that seat sucks-hard as a rock)

Too nice to crash

Gel Flow Rocks, Very comfortable. I also own Fizik Gobi's and this is the same comfort level. The only problem is that the leather is super supple and crashing on it is very sad. I am sad now-I will electrical tape the right side gash :( I rode my old saddle 100 times without ruining it. As soon as I buy expensive one, I crash it. Funny.

Fizik Gobi, Fizik gobi wing flex

[Jun 21, 2010]
pianoboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Like any Selle Italia, it doesn't shape to your rear, it shapes your rear to it. Might hurt the first few weeks but after that it's great. The most beautiful saddle out there.

A little expensive. Don't know if the cut out really does anything.

I'm a bit of a clydesdale, about 215 lbs. I wasn't happy with the stock saddle on my bike and well, I'll admit it, I'm a little vain. Selle Italia's have always been drool worthy and I loved the lines of this one. It's been rock solid, I know I'm pushing the weight limits for the titanium rails but so far so good. After reading all the other reviews i'll keep an eye out for cracks but as it stands, I love it. It's light, very ergonomic/functional shape, gorgeous. What more could you ask for?

WTB, a few in house.

[Jun 15, 2010]
Raul Duke

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, fast

The shell broke! I had it on a road bike that was never crashed or even tipped over. I probably had 6k miles on it, but it still should not have broken, especially for a high dollar seat.

I loved it until it broke, now I am really bummed.

You name it.

[Mar 31, 2010]
msfernan

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight.

Durability, and customer service

A waste of money. I bought this saddle in Sweden and the seat broke after 6 months of normal usr. Despite having 2 years warranty nobody wanted to solve the issue. Neither the place where you buy it (Cykling store (Norrtullsgatan 39, 113 45 STOCKHOLM), or the local representative here in Argentina or Selle Italia Customer Service.

For those who wants to see how Selle Italia Customer Service works, I can share the emails I changed with them.

My advise, buy a product from a company that reach the XXI century in Customer Service matters.

Fizik Aliante

[Mar 29, 2010]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable saddle.

Poor match to Thompson seat post - shaves down alloy head.
Shell only lasts for less than a year before cracking

When I got my first gel flow, i thought it was great on my hard tail. After 9 months I noticed that it was cracked on the RHS from the back of the flow insert to the outer edge. Returned to PBK and got a warranty replacement without fuss.

Now 1 year on, the replacement has cracked exactly the same place. No crash damage so it is a clear product fault.

i have a SLR gel flow on my road bike for the past 2.5 yrs with no problems. I think the Sella Italia saddles are not suited to the body / bum movement of MTB riding, but they market the saddle as suited to all styles of cycling ... mmmmmm.... Bull$hit.

The original Flite - crack shell after 4 years. Flite Gel - popped rail (my fault), Flite gel flow (x2)- cracked shell twice - desgn fault.

[Aug 18, 2009]
Alamo

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, nice looks, pretty lightweight (240g), leather

not very robust, decals wear off quickly, interferes with Thomson Seatpost

Have been using this saddle for about 6 months and 2000km. It is very comfortable and looks good but the sides of the saddle interfered with my Thomson Elite Seatpost (actually shaved off some of the aluminum on the clamp!). While cleaning the bike today I noticed that the saddle shell broke - explaining why my backside has been sore the last few rides.
I would definitely not buy this saddle again, will try to get it replaced and sell it to try the Fizik Gobi next.

Ritchey Vector

[Jun 17, 2009]
FASTK

OVERALL
Strength:

pretty when new, good fit to my anatomy.

So I have my new Niner with a Stella Italia Gel Saddle. The white finish is wearing off after only 8 weeks of use; down to bare leather.

Just called Pronet Cycling the USA distributor that handles their customer service about a warranty. I explained the situation.

Guy said, "There is no warranty for saddles but you can send it in."

I replied, "If there is no warranty, exactly what are you going to do with the saddle?"

Guy says, "Send it back to you."

I said, "Sounds like a waste of time and money if you aren't going to do anything."

Guy says, "Yeah, pretty much. But we'll look at it, be sure to include your receipt."

WTF! I will never buy another Stella Italia saddle, other buyers beware!

I called my LBS and they are going to take care of me, which means a happy ending but if you see a Stella Italia saddle for sale, stay away.

No warranty, no customer service, rude company.

same product in black with no issue, in fact I have three fo their saddles

[Jun 05, 2009]
nelly's on one

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort to the extreme,lightweight,easy on-off action, price,tough durable leather cover.

takes a hundred or so kilometres to ''run-in''

This saddle is the bees knees, you dont need to spend a fortune to get a top saddle, although the '08/9 flites are a bit more pricey. tried loads of saddles and this is the best i have used. great for short blasts or 6 hour marathons. I take care of this saddle( being real leather )it needs regular cleanind and softening up with a quality leather conditioner/polish keeps it supple!! get one, you wont regret it !!

gobi, flight ti,arione carbon,brooks b17.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.