SDG Satellite Saddle

• Ultra-lightweight foam
  • Hypoallergetic / medically proven / completely waterproof
  • Nylon/carbon base for increased strength and resiliency
  • 6/4 ti rails

• USER REVIEWS

[May 15, 2003]
    Wayne

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks, durability and Ti rails.

I've had this saddle on three consecutive bikes. F1000, Super V and now the Saclpel. It's my favourite. It has a few war wounds but is still holding up well.

CODA, SDG Bellaire.

[Apr 02, 2004]
    Manny E

OVERALL

Follow up to the review I made below....

After a year and a half, this seat is toast! Intense model (sewn graphics0 or not, my ass took a severe pounding on my first epic of 2004! Off came this saddle, and on went a brand new SDG Grand Prix. Much better.

the lightweight Satellite is to scrawny to last more than a season of moderate riding. Stick with better SDG models, Sella Italia Flite GEL, or WTB Rocket.

[Feb 05, 2002]
    Chris

OVERALL
    Strength:

Custom made by SDG for me in my choice of materials and colors. Quality craftsmanship. Very light and still comfortable.

None (I paid a lot, but not when you consider the custom aspect)

I wanted a really well-matching saddle to go with my built-up bike. I had just about gone nuts looking for something comfortable, light weight, and the right colors when I discovered by accident that SDG custom builds individual saddles in the materials and colors that you want. I ordered the Satellite in a "Custom Landing Strip" configuration that gave me a center zone of orange synthetic leather, side zones of grey synthetic leather, and corner zones of black kevlar. It includes side bumpers and a nose guard and ti rails. It weighs 220 grams and is one of a kind. IT ROCKS.

WTB SST X-3
    X-Lite PSS2

[Jan 18, 2002]
    Jeff

OVERALL
    Strength:

It's light

I bent the rails in one month's time. I can't feel my crotch after an hour long ride. (not good)

The weight thing is nice, but if you want to have kids I would buy something else.

wtb saddles

[Jan 20, 2004]
    Tim S.

Titanium rail snapped after 3 months of XC use

Purchased this saddle due to the recommendation of the LBS owner. I have been biking for over 15 years and have never bought such a P.O.S. I had put less than 100 miles of XC use on this saddle before the left side rail snapped clean off (just behind where the seatpost clamps to the rails). Titanium my ass. I'm going to try to get a warranty replacement on this thing.

[Nov 23, 2001]
    Jon Downey

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, looks, weight

nothing so far

Very comfortable, I have one on both my road and my mountain bike. SDG makes great products. My wife didn't like it but it fits me fine. I am still torn between this saddle and my Bel-Airs but I like these fine.

SDG Bel-Air, Koski Contour gel, Selle Italia XO

[Nov 13, 2001]
    Bill

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very tough. Crash tested and looks great. Very light seat (218 g).

A little hard. Could use more padding. All day rides can be a little hard on the rear end.

I like the San marco Aero seat for comfort, but not enough to change out this SDG. The SDG is very light and will take much more abuse.

San Marco Aero (280 g).

[Apr 25, 2003]
    MARK

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, Sleek, good looking, comfortable.

I really like this saddle. The Belair is built on the samr platform but is a bit more comfortable due to extra padding. This saddle kept me comfortable on the first ride which was 27 miles of trails at Turnbull Canyon. Lots of Techincal climbing and double track swithcback decending. No numbness. No pain. Great light weight saddle.

SDG Belair, WTB Rocket, WTB, Stealth.

[Jan 09, 2003]
    calnhob

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very nice looking.
    Sleek and light.
    Cheap

Cheap because it sucks.
    Very little support.
    Too narrow.

I got this seat off eBay for $10. It looked awesome and I thought it was a really good bargin. I've sat on serveral Satellites and they're not all the same. I have a black one with 2 white strips going down the front. I also have a black one with green sides that came oem on a 2001 GT i-Drive 2.0. The one from the GT wasnt too bad and had more padding. The one from eBay has very little padding and after an hour of riding, the area below my butt really feels painful. Actually, both seats hurt after a while but the one with white strips is really bad. I've tried WTB speed and laser seats and they feel so much better. I'm going to look for those seats now because the pain is too unbearable. I know some people really like it and I guess it really depends on the person and their butt.

WTB Speed and Laser

[Nov 30, 2002]
    Tim W

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks, weight, comfort.

The guys who bought the "bargain price versions" of this saddle got the oem type taiwan saddles, if You get the u.s. or custon version of these saddles You will love it! do You really expect to have a $6 saddle perform? geez, don,t be a cheapo!

flite,bontrager

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.