SDG S7000 Saddle

• Full Kevlar construction
  • Nylon/carbon base for increased strength and resiliency
  • 6/4 ti rails
  • Available with synthetic leather top with black Kevlar shoulders

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 15, 2001]
    Bunnamma

OVERALL
    Strength:

I have the Ti rail version, it's light (not as a SanMarco),confortable for me, I have very narrow heaps and bones, I weight 147 pounds,I keep it in a perfect level position (other saddles on other bikes are more tilted down), I believe that full kevlar is good in heat because it cools down when wet, better to buy the black version.

The full kevlar cover is not indestructible, but the broken spot can easily repaired with a drop of Loctite-Attak, I collected two broken spots up to now. It took some to break in, not the padding but the cover, which is pretty abrasive when new

For my butt design and my weight is good, but the price is outworldly high, I bought second hand (used only once or twice). No problem of affordability up to now.

SanMarco Integra full kevlar, San Marco Concor Light, Selle Italia Flite (the only saddle I really don't fit to)

[Jul 25, 1997]
    Bryan
    racer

OVERALL

I really, really, really want to like this saddle, but IT HURTS. I road it for 4 months and couldn't take it any more.

[Jul 22, 1997]
    Wilbur Wilkins
    weekend warrior

OVERALL

When I tried to put this seat on my awsome dual suspension HUFFY it wouldn't fit my cool seatpost. It is so thin it is always sliding up my butt but I kind of like the feeling so I took my bike and the seat to the local K-mart and asked them to put it on the bike for me. He couldn't so know It is just in my bedstand for fun at night. Two stars for its slenderness but not fitting on my awesome HUFFY

[Jul 09, 1997]
    Aaron Jarc
    cross-country rider

OVERALL

I receaved my SDG saddle for a christmas present. It wasn't until after the first ride this spring that I noticed how uncomfortable the saddle was. After many more rides it started to get softer. That stuff about this saddle soaking up water is so true. But you can use it to your advantidge. Every time you wash your bike give your seat a good soaking. Why you say, it helps loosen up the tight kevlar. Do this and work the kevlar aroung with your thumbs. You'll be surprized how well this works.Over all this is the most amazing saddle on the planet. A little expensive, but it's worth every penny.PS:Wear spandex shorts when riding this saddle if you don't want a big ass rash. If you get the rash, you'll walk around looking like you've been riding a horse for the past ten years. Aaron like SDG,SDG makes Aaron happy.

[Jun 03, 1996]
    PATRICK G.
    weekend warrior

OVERALL

This is a comfy,light saddle. I ate it once on a fire trail and no rips wating but not looking forward to asphalt test it will hapen I have riped every other seat i.e. vetta this is by far the best seat I have ever tried. Remember if you diden't crash you wern't riding fast enough.

[Oct 28, 1997]
    ALEX
    cross-country rider

OVERALL

I HAVE A COMP TI FOR 2 YEARS. I THINK THAT IT IS ALRIGHT IF YOU ARE RIDING A SHORT DISTANT BUT IF NOT! YOUR BUTT WILL HURT LIKE HELL !! AFTER ABOUT SIX MONTHS THE SADDLE WOULD BECOME QUITE HARD.AT LEAST THE WEAR RESISTANCE IS THE BEST AMONG ALL THE SADDLES I HAD USED......

[Apr 26, 2001]
    Scot

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light-weight. Small.

Hard.

It's a hard saddle, which doesn't bother me too much--saves the back in the long run.

But I pulled a massive endo and split the cover/foam on it. It's a doozy of a 3 inch split that I don't think can (or should) be glued back together. Add a dead saddle to the parts gaveyard.

It's light. It's small and it doesn't hurt my back. I'll live with a raw butt after a long ride if my back hasn't been played slinky the entire ride.

After 2 years I could do the 100km of pot-hole filled trails and not have a raw backside. It does get softer with age. But once it got soft enough to love it split.

I'll give it a moderate 3/3 since it was stock on the bike and I didn't know it was supposed to set me back a hundred bucks. I'd not pay $30 if I were getting today.

[Nov 24, 2000]
    Bryan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight, good cover

It kills my butt after every ride.

Light, durable, looks good, but is a pain in the a**(literally).

[May 12, 2000]
    Bill Bernacki

OVERALL
    Strength:

Kevlar Cover

Ouch my butt sure does hurt. Before, after, and during

Great kevlar cover but it hurts my sit bones way to much. I whis LBS would have trial versions of saddle's they sell. If you could ride for a few rides before you buy that help bad fitting saddles. Everyone's butt is different so try the saddle before you buy. Rating was down since it hurts my butt to much.

Specilized Saddle

[Apr 01, 2000]
    seti

OVERALL
    Strength:

nice looks
    easy to drop behind

leather could rip easily

I don't notice it....this is good.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.