SDG Grand Prix Saddle

• Gel insert with overlaying proprietary foam provides maximum comfort with lasting shape
  • Nylon/carbon base with ergonomic cut-out for pressure relief
  • Suspension module for added shock absorption
  • Oversize design allows for more support
  • Saddle covers are leather/leather or leather/kevlar
  • 6/4 ti rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 19, 2010]
    DirtyJumper

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, Looks, Maneuverability

I think the Chro-Mo rails are made of butter.

Its a pretty comfortable saddle for its size but I can only recommend it for people who aren't very hard on their equipment. I weigh 175lbs and after my first crash landing onto the seat it was bent, and the second hard landing made it lean at a ridiculous angle to the side and nose up. If you ride hard and aggressive this seat probably isn't for you. The plus side, when I crashed into it, it didn't hurt as bad as most saddles would.

Nothing, this is the first seat I've bent.

[Feb 20, 2004]
    grizz

OVERALL
    Strength:

I beam interface very solid. Seat is light for this type of seat.

there is no support for the outside edges of the seat, so it folds over and then all you are sitting on is the I beam! So there you are with a 2" wide seat to ride on!!! I might as well have just rammed the post up my bum and ridden home that way!

The I beam version of this seat sux! It is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever been on. I beam is a great Idea but the production seat is pitiful.
    If there was just support out at the edge where the rear of the rails would be and some gel in the bits area it would be a good seat but with out the support the outer edge just rolls down with the riders weight on it.

most brands out there

[Dec 27, 2001]
    Anthony

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looked nice and has the cut out underneith thats nice.

Rails can bend pretty easly.

I liked this seat verymuch and I would still be using this seat. However the rails bent badly after a crash. Because of the cutout my balls were never sore from rideing. I think this is a very nice seat.

wtb and marzochi karve

[Sep 09, 2002]
    st ud

OVERALL
    Strength:

comfort is a 6 out of 10. It is tough saddle and will handle alot of abuse

cro-moly rails bent on a killer crash.

The saddle will last you as long as you are nice to it. It won't with stand down hill abuse. It is about the right size for downhilling tho.

[Jan 22, 2001]
    Sven

OVERALL
    Strength:

Works like a champ ... my little fella is well cared for and my sit-down bones are supported in the correct places.

Costs a lot

I think if your posterior is a little on the wide side this saddle will work great. My buddy has a Selle Italia saddle and he was crying for his mamma this weekend while I was loving life.

We swapped saddles to see if he liked mine and after 2-3 miles my ass started to get sore too using his saddle.

I would recommend it ...

Specialized torture device

[Jan 22, 2001]
    Dan
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfy, sturdy, hard to rip

Makes funny popping noise in the rough stuff

A great saddle, though it's all personal preference! Buddy who was whinning that he bent his maybe either needed to buy the more expensive one or get a little bit of talent, I've hucked as big as anyone and mine is going strong! Any saddle is gonna bend if you land on it off a drop! It all comes down to the fact that I've had mine for a year and it still has no rips, isn't bent and is super comfy. Though it is a little pricey, but I didn't pay for mine.

everything under the sun

[May 27, 2000]
    KAABooom

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nope nothing doesn't have any strength and thats the problem
    Comfy though ..too bad it sucks for strength

Yup sure is weak so weak the rails bent of a small drop
    Not Happy

DO not buy this seat unless u weigh 120lbs and watch tv more then u ride
    Bottom line Bad quality if you own one or are buying a bike with one on it ask them to exchange it You do not want this seat

Also wish i could give it a ZERO

Wtb and a few others

[Aug 07, 1999]
    Jeff Sutherland
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks

Uncomfortable, too slick, too wide

I could not get comfortable on this saddle. I was sore after an hour of riding.
    It has gel padding with an EC cut out, both are useless. Plus it is way too slippery.

SDG7000

[Mar 30, 2001]
    C

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort. Comfort. Comfort.
    Ti rails are nice, so is the custom color sceme, oh and the kevlar sides in whatever color I want, and....

A little too freeride looking for me

One thing about a seat, you cant stereotype them. One persons trash is anothers treasure. Some people say this seat sucks. If you have real skinny hip bones this seat is too wide for you. I, on the other hand, have woman hips, wide, and it fits me just great. I dont have any trouble getting way of this seat. I do 40+ mile rides; I just did the Vision Quest (a 57 mile, 11,500 foot climb) and my butt barely hurt. This is not an exageration! IF you have tailbones that are a little wide, you wont be disapointed.
    Oh, and I aint no weekend warrior, I ride fast and hard and have yet to have any durability probs.
    Good Luck.

Specialized doberman heads, SDG's, Selle italia

[Mar 21, 2001]
    Brent

OVERALL
    Strength:

works for me, hasn't broken

vinyl, would prefer leather
    no kevlar sides

I have tried lots of saddles, and I just keep coming back to this one. It fits my sit bones better than any other I've tried. I tore the sides in big wrecks and dabbed shoe-goo on it and it's held great for 1 year.

ideally, if i can get one in leather w/kevlar sides, that would be the setup.

I'm ending my saddle search and staying with this one unless my [email protected] feels something better.

Bontrager FS, Serfas, SDG Kevlar thing, various

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.