SDG Big Boy Saddle

• New solid 8mm heat treated cromo rails are the strongest yet and have no seatpost compatability issues.
  • Oversize body to allow superior body to bike control and stability, especially during high speed cornering and extended air time.
  • Technically designed replaceable/interchangeable saddle. tops created for varying track designs and conditions, not to mention the pimpin' style factor.

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 09, 2003]
    Eder Savio

OVERALL
    Strength:

Big and soft.

Trails are fragile and easily bent.
    Very heavy.
    The warranty people think the costumer is clown, because they say will send a new piece and never more send.

The sadle is realy big and soft, but the trails bent in firsts rides even using appropriate seatpost for 8 mm trails.
    I required the warranty and SDG required that I send the old base for them to put new trails. I did it. They never more sent the piece back. They just answer e-mails saying will do it, but I'm waiting about four months.

What did I? I bought a very good Tioga Multi Control XLS silver and red. It is very light and never bended because the base is flexible and save the trails. This is really a good product. It is good to Nicolas Voullez, is good to me :)

SDG? Never more!

Tioga Multi Control XLS, Vello, Specialized comp and many others.

[Jan 03, 2002]
    Tom Pilbeam

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great comfort, Looks Great, Strong Material

Rails Bend Very easily, could be a better shape so it gets out the way more when dhling

Keep It Real, Get sorted,
    Face Your Fears To Reach Your Dreams

tioga multicontol 2

[May 27, 2000]
    Sean "The Murphinator" Murphy

OVERALL
    Strength:

instead of supporting just the crack it supports my whole ass. the rails are huge and i have done a few no-footer-landers already and there is no sign of bending.

ummmmmmm. I coulnd give you any yet other thatn i tore a little hole in the cover but that was my fault... wait wait wait, the rails are so big that there are some posts that wont fit around them.

This seat is big, really big. I can sit on this seat all day and never get un comforable. the size of this seat gives me a huge range of control ove a standard seat. also the replaceable cover is a big plus

SDG $5 seat, Selle Itallia $5 seat, WTB SST-X sparkly seat.

[Mar 07, 2003]
    Jon Downey

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, SDG quality

None so far

Big, comfy, does the job and is well made.

SDG Satellite & Bel-Air, Koski Contour

[Feb 25, 2001]
    Danny

OVERALL
    Strength:

COMFY AS HELL, Looks tight.

Rails (???) (thats just what ive heard)

Good value, works fine on my seatpost. Any downhiller/freerider should buy this seat. Overall great comfy downhill seat. Highly recommended.

Love Seat

[Nov 26, 2000]
    John

OVERALL
    Strength:

Big, strong and durable

little hard to peddle it rubs against your legs!!!

This saddle is the ultimate in freeride and downhill comfort.

none compare

[Oct 18, 2000]
    calvin mar

OVERALL
    Strength:

big and comfortable, looks like a freeridin saddle
    cheaper than stock sdg bel-air that came with my Kona

bent rail on second ride. then bent other one a week later
    oh well, at least it almost sits straight.

here it is. Got sick of skinny little tight ass seats with no padding and broke my ti-rail in half on bel-air. I go
    around 6' 215 and have been riding for years. I never broke my san marcos saddle on my hardtail. wanted a strong seat, so i bought what I thought was a downhiller with supposedly MASSIVE 8mm rails, which bent on a 1 foot drop. a week later they both sank down changing the seat angle. Now I am not jumping down cliffs here, just light freeriding. what is the deal? downhill? very, very wimpy rails...I guess i'll keep looking.....................................

sdg bel-air

[Mar 02, 2000]
    Clint

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice and big, for my big but not nice ass.

too damned big

This saddle on an RF XY post is the noisiest damned combo there is - wear earphones or go insane.

I'm huge @ 280lbs. and six foot three and ride nearly every day. this seat is pretty good, I don't think it's comfortable at all, in fact it feels like a frigging rock but it gets the job done well, many positions offered but the long rails did just recently act as a fulcrom and brake my XY post...

none yet.

[Aug 30, 1999]
    Iam

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort
    Looks

Strength of rails!

I lovED this saddle, the UK retail is £60.0 so the price is alot more than across the pond!
    Unfortunately i do not rate this saddle very highly, i have already owned two because of
    bent rails. For this price i expect a so-called DH saddle to last a lifetime a shame really because it is comfy! sorry

Flight Ti
    Seventies
    Tioga multi

[Jun 19, 1999]
    BIO

OVERALL
    Strength:

EVEREYTHING

LONG RAILS

VERY DURABLE, AND COMFY. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A REALLY STRONG SEAT POST, OTHERWISE, IT WILL JUS T SNAP THE BOLTS OF THE RAIL CLAMP, DUE TO THE LEVERAGE LF THE LONG RAILS.

RITCHEY

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.