SDG Bel Air Saddle

SDG makes great saddles. The Bel Air is made of Leather with double stitching. Chromoly rails and excellent padding. For either road or mountain.

[Feb 07, 2007]
Mikey Lord

OVERALL
Strength:

durable, matched color of bike.

concrete comfort, Heavy!

no padding what so ever. Younger, skinny riders under 100 pounds might get some use out of it. I switched to a wtb real fast. much better options available for less money, like, ANYTHING- even a walmart velo is better!

seatless toilet

[Feb 24, 2002]
Rod Worthington

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, good looks and durability

Cro-mo rails bit soft
Kevlar covers wear out our shorts
Kevlar covers are no good in the wet

seats are personal choices but most people i ride with like SDG's. I love 'em. got 3. 2 with Ti rails and Kevlar covers and one with Cr-mo rails and leather for the wet rides. great for multi hour rides. watch out for the kevlare covers as they wear through the stiching in your shorts and knicks.

Fi-zik, Selle italia.

[Jan 26, 2002]
theflyinfatman

OVERALL
Strength:

well i have a fat ass, all 82kgs of it and until i did a really bad landing on a 7 metre drop its stayed in almost perfect condition all tha way

errr.... none that i can remember

great seat, very comfortable and strong....ish
i didnt know exactly how comfortable this seat was until i broke it
i was used to riding fat lady seats :D
-1 flamin chillis for not being able to hold my fat ass up but hey, thats me!

other bits of crap, most memorable one was a giant saddle that i found in a discount bin at mah local bike store, back bent so far down it almost touched the seatpost after my first jump

[Jul 13, 2002]
Ass

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy

The rails creak so damn much

I did and the seat crekeaked after that. So, Im buying a new one on Jensonusa.

Serfias, Bontrager

[Oct 24, 2001]
Stuart

OVERALL
Strength:

Good durability

Not a good shape for me

One of the first things to get replaced on my bike. I gave it to a friend and he believes its the bees knees. But reckon he'd buy a Volvo and a Cannondale given the money. It was completely the wrong shape for me and the way i position myself on the bike. All the same It's still in pretty good condition after 3 years so at least it lasts well.

WTB speed V comp

[Dec 21, 2001]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

low profile, comfort

not the most durable seat on the market.

This is the most comfortable non-ergonomic seat that I have placed my ass upon. I bought one because price point was offing them cheap, and fell in love with it. So I bought 2 more because they do tend to rip fairly easily. If you are not into the ergo-thing, try a bel-air, you'll dig it.

It falls one chili short for being not-so-durable. But for 15 bucks you can't go wrong!

assorted cheap seats

[Dec 14, 2001]
tony

OVERALL
Strength:

good shape and size. Really comfortable!

This seat is waaay more comfortable that the specialized that I have on my other bike...and it was half the price!

Flite, Specialized bg pro, Ritchie vector pro

[Nov 09, 2001]
Nick Griffiths

OVERALL
Strength:

good shape & size, comfy, looks good.

Haven't found any.

Im very pleased with the seat. I want another one in a different colour, but they are quite rare in the uk aftermarket.

Flite, Flite Gel, Nitrox

[Oct 21, 2003]
Tmack

OVERALL
Strength:

Lite weight, sturdy, comfy, good shape, looks good

Broke a rail doin something dumb, more my fault than the saddle, and supprised nothing else broke.

Works great! Takes a few rides to break in good, but once it is, its great for long XC rides. Its not too big, so its easy to sit back off of it on steep downhills, and its well padded up front for the uphills. Broke my first one almost face planting myself into concrete last night (its even still rideable, just gets annoying with one side alittle lower) , already ordered another to replace it.

WTB Tri-Lite, lotsa cheapo saddles

[Jul 08, 2001]
Regular Sized Ass

OVERALL
Strength:

* Kevlar Cover is extremely durable
* Soft as far as saddles go
* Easy to maneuver around

This is a great saddle. - I've been reading some of these reviews - my conclusion is that unless you have a really fat a$$, you should have no problem with the saddle. It's soft and comfortable, durable, and although the rails are Cro-mo, they can take a beating.

If you break the saddle and do not have a fat a$$, you may be an agressive rider and should consider purchasing a suspension seatpost. Otherwise, lose some weight in your a$$ area.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.