Ritchey WCS Biomax Saddle

Ritchey Biomax WCS Ti Saddle is the choice for anyone who needs to upgrade their saddle, no matter what level cyclist or bike. Titanium rails, leather cover and foam padding provides the best ride quality and lightest weight available at any price.

[Aug 13, 2011]
norbo

OVERALL
Strength:

No numbness, light

I'm riding the Ritchey Biomax Comp on my trecking bike, the Biomax Pro on my MTB, and the Biomax WCS on my road bike / cyclocross. The shape of all 3 models is the same (2011 models), but they differ in weight and materials for rails and covers.

I've tried many, but the Biomax saddles are the first that don't give me any numbness at all, even after a 4hours/100km tour. They are very hard, and rather painful at the beginning. But now that I got used to it, it's the best saddle I've ever owned.

Weights (2011 models):
Biomax Comp: 325 g (Manufacturer rated)
Biomax Pro: 242 g (verified)
Biomax WCS: 222 g (verified)

I'm giving the WCS model a 4 flamin' chilis value rating, because I think that the Pro is a better deal for only 20 g more weight.

I can't say anything about durability of the cover, because I've owned them for only 1 month (100-200 km per model).