Koobi Tri Saddle

Koobi's original med+gel padded tri saddle.WIth a thin layer of gel,18% softer foam & 15% greater volume of foam then TRI Sprint .Ti Alloy rail

[May 13, 2011]
R.S.

OVERALL
Strength:

Receved the saddle severl months ago, fitted it up and has been great,fantastic.It has improved both my comfortand performance on the bike 100% with no lingering pain off the bike.

Not carried by many shops

Very pleased . Have used for about a year on severl short triathlons.

WTB, stock saddle

[Jun 17, 2008]
Tom Millers

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy relief channel.

Super thin and hollow rails

Piece of Garbage!
I never had a saddle break on me until now.
It broke on me as I was going uphill and pushing against the seat.
Rail snapped and cut a nice gash in my leg.
The rails are hollow and brittle thin-wall titanium. They made it this way to lose a few grams, but not worth it if it’s going to break and leave you stranded.

The website is filled with ways to pay them to replace broken rails, at a charge of course.
So it’s a known issue on a lot of Koobi saddles, and use this as a money making scheme at the expensive of our health and safety.

These seats should be recalled.
In fact I might file a claim with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, BBB, etc.

Certainly never going to buy from this company again.

Selle, WTB, Vetta, etc.

[Jan 06, 2007]
Tomas

OVERALL
Strength:

Low weight, kevlar on the sides

Weak rails

Unfortunately one of the saddle rails broke on my latest ride and it could have gotten really nasty..
CrMo or steel rails would probably just bend, this one in hollow titanium alloy just snapped right off!

But I may be considered too heavy (less than 200lbs) for this saddle and it did last for more than 3+ years after all. So it gets average rating, not more.

[Aug 21, 2006]
Ralph Havens

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, comfort

I stopped wearing lycra

See post by "Ralphie" in 2002, thats me. This saddle survived 3 bikes. After the GF, I went Titus Quasimoto, which is a freeride bike with 5.9" travel. I ended up cracking the chainstay on the Quasimoto, then cracking the Monkeylite hi-rise carbon bars (they didnt completely fail, just two large scary cracks after 4 years of service). Then yesterday, I was at the bike park at Whistler BC, and I broke my saddle. Actually the hollow Ti rail snapped, and the plastic connector that holds the rail also broke. Considering that this is a Tri saddle for weight weenies, it was extremely durable. I weigh 190lbs and am pretty easy on the components that I thrash. It lasted 4 years and 3 bikes under service it was not intended for. Thats 5 chilis in my book.

WTB, SDG, house brands

[Sep 14, 2006]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy

Durability

Really comfy saddle - unfortunately the rails aren't strong enough.

I broke both the rails together after a bad drop-off landing. I managed to fix it with some steel bars through the centre of the rails but that only lasted another month then the rails broke again. I'm only 65kgs and don't do DH or freeride and it wouldn't take me!

Lasted about 9 months - not good enough for me. Seems like it's only designed for Triathalons and not MTB.

Flite Ti

[Dec 17, 2003]
'ric

OVERALL
Strength:

Absolutely everything you could ask for in a saddle, very comfortable, decently light, head-turning looks

I'll let you know when I find one

Upgraded to this from a Koobi SI so I knew what I was getting into (literally). No disappointments here. Ultra-comfortable. Nothing's numb, or singing (falsetto) in pain. Gel contours very nicely indeed to my Soft 'n' Tenders. High-rise Ti rails seem to dampen bumps, and since I'm always on roads it means my arse rarely takes a beating, even though I'm riding rigid. To top it all off, I bought it fairly cheaply, a barely-used set.

Perhaps the best compliment I can pay a saddle is that I forget all about it when I'm riding. That perfectly describes the Koobi Tri. Get one, then get another as a spare cos you won't want to ride any other saddle after this one.

Fizik Plateau, Koobi SI, Selle Flight, etc

[Jun 26, 2005]
Epic Marathon

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent saddle. All things said about this one, I hearby ditto! No complaints

none.. notta

Buy one!

Specialized, koski, various gels... 12+ saddles hang on my workbench... yeah.. i'm picky

[Apr 29, 2005]
2wheelmaniac nofossilfuels

OVERALL
Strength:

The dream of any rider is to not feel discomfort from the equipment and that is what the Koobi Tri achieves. Holds up well to hard riding too. 5 years and counting...

Spoils the rider - when you ride some other saddle, you have to get used to it.

High performance results at a decent price.

Fizik, Bontrag, Coda

[Dec 29, 2002]
Ralphie

OVERALL
Strength:

Good overall design. 3M Scotchlite reflective material a bonus. Strong rails.

Seemed a bit lopsided.

I bought this after suffering on a WTB saddle with Kevlar sides for almost 2 years. It was durable, but I started to commute about 40 miles to the gym on my mountain bike, and I started to really feel it. I knew I had to buy a better, more comfortable saddle. I am not much of a weight weanie, but if its just as strong, I dont mind paying for something that is lighter as long as it lasts. In my opinion, that is exactly what I got with my Tri. Its a slim design, but has tall rails, so I had to lower the seatpost when I first put it on. Build quality is overall good. The gel pads over the "sit bones" are well placed for me (6'1" 185). However, they seemed to be ever so slightly skewed to one side, or maybe its just my arse? My pelvis is slightly assymetric, but I never felt this way before. I dont even notice it now though, its very minor. Junk saver seems to work, no numbness. Very rarely I will catch my baggy shorts on the tip, the WTB had a nice snub nosed design, which I liked. Materials quality and stiching seems very good. I particulary like the 3M reflective material on the saddle, even though you might not see much of it while seated, I have been doing night commuting on pavement and every bit helps. I also have started mountain biking at night, and this help the riders behind get a fix on your position, and when you stand up to jump/descend etc...it really reflects their lights well.

This is a very light saddle that can definately be used for racing, seems like an excellent endurance saddle. It is very comfortable, feels 90% broken in when you first put it on the bike, due to the gel..and gets a little better with time. It never feels squishy, so if you want a super soft saddle better get the squishy Koobi not this one. Seems to be rugged. I will put one on my freeride rig and see if it can take the abuse :)

SDG, WTB (ouch!), couple other cheap saddles

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.