Koobi PRS Enduro Saddle

Combines the highly successful Au Enduro with the PRS technology. Ideal for cyclists riding 3-6 hours per week. Custom built.

[Jan 15, 2018]
softtail2007
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable seat

Poor design of seat rails. Poor customer service.

I have had two Koobi seats including the Enduro. Although the seats are comfortable, I have had the seat rails break several times. I carefully installed the seats and weigh about 175. The first couple of times, Koobi replaced the rails or sold me new ones at a fair price. The rails on both my Koobi seat have broken again. I emailed Koobi several times without any response. I tried calling but only got a answering machine and left a message which was not returned. I checked the website and it advised to just send in seats for repair. (An estimate would be given after the seats are received.) I sent in the seats several months ago and have not received any response. I again have emailed them several times without response.

[Jul 28, 2015]
UncleTwoDogs

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, no numbness, great for long rough all mountain rides. Adjustable cushioning, color coded for different weights.

Expensive and heavy compared to WTB and Fizek.

I found Koobi by purchasing a used bike that had the AU Enduro on it. Rode that for a year or so and fell in love with it. Then bought a new bike and a brand new AU, but the coating on the rails disintegrated, even though I had it torqued to spec. Koobi warranted it and let me put the credit towards a PRS Enduro, which I decided to get since it didn't have a coating on the rails and I'm a heavy rider at 180lbs. Although, the PRS Enduro is really pricy and a little heavy, for me it is totally worth it. I like long rides (3-5hrs) for rough, hairy and technical trails, it stays comfortable and I haven't had any numbness since mounting on my bike about 1.5 years ago.

WTB, Fizek, Bontrager, Selle

[May 29, 2015]
Mike D

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable. Easy to move around the saddle on. Customer service.

The rails will failed twice. Cost $$$$$$

I had this saddle for just over one year of use (approx 1000 miles) and both rails cracked right behind the seat clamp. I contacted Phil at Koobi and he sent me a "loaner" saddle while I sent mine in for service. No cost for the repairs and he told me to keep the loaner in case I might need it again sometime. Well, less that 6 months later I cracked another rail (just one side this time.). I really hate to give this saddle a bad review, but the quality is unacceptable for a $200 custom saddle regardless of the good customer service. Its too bad, it was a very comfortable saddle that fit me like a glove. But I cant trust this product so the search goes on.

[Mar 18, 2014]
Johnny D

OVERALL
Strength:

Great saddle design, perfect for any hardtail and cyclocross bkikes if you want some suspension to absorb bumps

Little heavy at 319g

Hello folks I haven't done many reviews. However, I thought it was time to share my experience of the Koobi PRS Enduro saddle (PRS- personal ride system). I've been riding road and mountain bikes for 20 years, ok, no big deal. I am very conscious of weight (weight weenies), and all my parts have been titanium or carbon. My saddles have always been in the 160-200 gram weight range. These saddles don't have much comfort due to lack of foam or gel. I switched from full suspension to hard tail 29er back in 2007, and my rides have been pretty brutal and hard on my 180 g saddle. Last year a friend recommended the Koobi PRS Enduro Saddle with elastomer compliance suspension. The first thing I did was go to the Koobi website and research the weight. Yikes 319 g, yikes $200! I contacted Koobi and they assured me I could ride it and if I didn't like it I could return it as they have a 30 day trial. Pretty good deal, IMO. Koobi needed my weight, how many times a week I ride and riding style. They suggested the PRS Alpha or PRS Enduro. I chose the Enduro because the saddle was slightly wider and had Kevlar sides. My saddle came installed with red elastomers. I weigh 167 lbs. Also included were the yellow and blue elastomers if I wanted to change my suspension firmness – softer or harder. After my first ride I was sold. I felt more in control with the hard tail 29er over bumps, not bouncing around and felt fresh after the ride, no pain in my rear or lower back! The elastomers absorbed small bumps and ate up trail vibration. The saddle does NOT move like an active suspension fork and I didn't feel the 1/2" travel moving up and down or even a bobble. This saddle just works when needed, taking the edge off the bumps. Climbing in the saddle was great, too. No pogo or loss of pedal energy! It's the best investment I've made in a long time, and the half extra pound is well worth it. I ordered the PRS Alpha saddle for my road bike. It is amazing, soaking up small bumps and road vibration. I finished a century ride with the PRS saddle. The county roads had those annoying tar-filled road cracks …thump, thump, thump. Everyone was beat up after the ride hobbling around the food and entertainment tent, but my friend and I felt great after the ride as we both had Koobi PRS saddles. There was no rear soreness or pain! I would recommend this saddle to any cyclist or friend.

PRS Alpha saddle
Specialized Toupe Pro
Fizik Arione

[May 14, 2011]
R V H

OVERALL
Strength:

Aaaahhh!Muchhh better!After searching & changing saddles I have finally foung the right saddle.I ride a hardtail & was almost settled on a Brooks,waiting for the breakin to happen(?).The Koobi on the other hand was a delight to ride on a straight away & instilled a heightened enthusiasm to my riding.I thought it was my butt,however the team at Koobi have done their homework.

Hard to find in shops

Koobi has produced an exceptional item for cyclest.

WTB