ISM Adamo Peak Saddle

Best Price At
Available At

Conquer the mountains. The Peak is the product of hundreds of hours spent on the trail with several different prototypes. We decided on a shape that had a more rounded rear and a graduated slope. We know that trail riding is completely different than road riding. The Peak allows a rider to climb more forward to reduce wheel slippage and ride off the back of the seat for those tricky descents and get back on without catching your shorts! Uses gel and foam padding and cr-mo rails. The sides are reinforced with Kevlar. Available in Black and White. 255mm long and 135mm wide.

[Oct 21, 2017]
WinnipegXCRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Saves the boys! No more numb even when dropping chest to handlebars in the wind.
Dropped the bike a few times and no scuffs or rips.
Long rail to mount to seat post.
I have mounted it on at the very front of the rail on a Thudbuster LT seat post for 2 years and either the seat rail is really durable or the Thudbuster takes the stress off the rails otherwise I would expect my ~220 lbs (me and backpack) may have worn this out by now since I do have to replace rims due to frequent curb drops.

Wished the Peak could be purchased without the camouflage design.

While then wide "preying mantis" like appearance is peculiar the "spread" that it puts between my legs does not cause chafing issues for me but if my thighs were thicker and/or my pelvic area were narrower I could see that this could be problematic for some riders.
My thighs have about 1" clearance between each other and so no chafing and no negative effects on hips/knees/ankles experienced.
When I first found decent breathable ski/cycle clothing it immensely improved my sport experience. After using this product for 2 years I can say in like manner this changes everything for cycling.

Many

[Jul 27, 2015]
BendBiker
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

No more numbness

Takes a WHILE to get accustomed to it

I bought this saddle after a long, failing battle with numbness from pretty much every seat with a long nose. The lack of nose and hollow middle part of this saddle is a saving grace, zero numbness in the last 5 months of riding with it. However, be prepared for some hurting in your "sit bone" area until you become accustom to it. For me, it took about 150 miles of riding to finally be totally okay with this saddle.

[Sep 24, 2014]
Osco

OVERALL
Strength:

Save the 'Boyz'

An underside staple popped out, super glue and a new staple fixed it

I have two seasons on this seat and I just moved It to my New full squish.
That's two seasons on a hard tail
And those two seasons were my FIRST two on a mountain bike. I beat that seat hard,
I crashed so many times I lost count.

The seat took about 150 miles to 'break In', get softer. Then the peak was perfect and has
never changed or softened anymore, it has remained the perfect firmness.

I will not ride any other seat, Ever !

[Sep 20, 2014]
David - Canada

OVERALL
Strength:

Saves the boys

Like the black wished it were solid black without the camouflage on the sides.

I contacted ISM directly asking them to recommend an Adamo mountain bike saddle. They provided the Peak and it's softer sister the Prologue.
At first I found the seat quite hard and had wished I went softer but after a month's use I am satisfied with the Peak.
Quality seems reasonable after a couple of months use.
This is one of the best investments I made in cycling.
When riding into the wind I can now bend down to the bars without any discomfort.

Italia "Terry"

[May 12, 2013]
damenm
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort

Quality

I use this saddle for everything, minus the bike park. This is the most comfortable saddle I've ridden. I have owned Fizik, WTB, DMR, Serfas, Velo, and many bargain brands. I would recommend this saddle whithout hesitation, however, one needs to understand it is low quality.

The description from ISM says that sides are reinforced by kevlar, which is pretty standard. To my surprise, if there is kevlar on it, its not where the fancy camo pattern is - which is obviously where it is needed - instead cheap plastic. The cover is stapled poorly to the base, and the stitching, started letting go after a half hour ride. Unfortunately, the logos are embossed, when at this price point they should be embroidered, as should the emblems on the side.

But then, there is the comfort.

It takes a slight adaptation to get used to this bad boy, but once thats over there is no other product that I've seen that comes close. ...I don't ride with chamois any more.

Bottom line, it's clearly overpriced from a quality standpoint. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

• Available At
$199.99

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.