Funn Launch Pad Saddle

- Added length increases steering and control as a result of the added rider contact and the possible of increases "saddle-time".
- Increased overlapping on the side panels add inner-leg contact area.
- Drop-tail / Drop-nose combination facilitates rapid fore/aft movement.
- Oversize 8mm rails increases rigidity for extreme landings.
- Lengthy rail design provides ample "cockpit" adjustment.
- Side-grooves on the nose offer a secure inner-leg contact point even if you are positioned out of the saddle.
- Ripple grooves positioned in the body of the saddle offer that extra grip.
- A-version: (A-LPF) - Low-friction T10 body with full Kevlar® trimmings extended throughout the base contour of the saddle as well as around the nose. Powder coated oversize chromoloy rails, heat embossed graphics.
- B-version: (B-LPF) - Full T10 body , oversize satin-finish rails, heat embossed graphics.

[Mar 04, 2002]
Tony
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Very very strong, very comfortable, and helps with control, soft when landing on.

none found, but may be too big for some

Peoples first reaction is "S**t, look at the size of that", then every one wants to try it, as it is a downhill specific saddle it may be to big for some riders, but I have found it helps a lot with controlling the bike especially when standing and peddalling and it is one very very soft saddle, so no sore ar*e at the end of the day. Definatly worth the buy if you want some thing no one else has.

Tioga, planet X, various others

[Nov 06, 2002]
d3R3k .

OVERALL
Strength:

huge thing. tiz like ridin in the comfort of ur livin room. i havent done any significant drops on it yet cuz i just got it so idunno if it gets in da way when ur in the air¿ but i dont care if it duz, it just looks so kool

nothin

if u can afford it, buy it. its worth the $. but if u dont only do dh and freeridin then this thing is just 2 big! otherwise this thingz wicked. buy it. actually, im a just get a few of these things and put em in my livin room. just like a lay-z-boy

a lay-z-boy

[Feb 25, 2003]
Jeremy

OVERALL
Strength:

strong
big
anti-sacking device

heavy
too big
gets a bit uncomfortable after a while if you sit down

This is a very good seat. The chief virtue of the LPF is that it is so big that sacking yourself on the top-tube or tire is very improbable. It also reduces sackage on the seat (as compared to my previous oryx/velo xc seat, which I bent very badly in a failed no-footer). It is also very hard to bend the 8mm rails. However, it also weighs a lot, and is actually a bit too big in my opinion. My thighs rub against the seat when I pedal. Also, the fabric certainly isn't as good as kevlar for preventing tears, but it holds its own. It works all right for XC because it's so stiff but sitting on it gets a bit uncomfortable after a while. I would only recommend it for its intended use - freeride and dh. If my next bike came with one I wouldn't switch it out, but currently I'm looking at a norco 4by and thus will probably be keeping the axiom shovel DJ seat that it comes with.

Oryx/Velo XC seat

[Nov 04, 2004]
thomas sinclair

OVERALL
Strength:

looks rad... umm... it has cool colors... and ahh... it's easy to bend back in place when it gets wrecked...

rails are bent, seat is bent, everythings bent. don't land on this saddle if you are over 200 lbs.

I wouldn't buy this saddle again. I don't like worrying if I'm going to land on a broken or a bent saddle. landing on a saddle that is bent sideways hurts extremely bad... It's not too good for my future children either... I have more bruises between my legs than anywhere else on my body. I would go back to an Azonic or a BMX seat. I give it a 3 overall because I am big and the saddle took a beating for two months before it broke for good... I ride about 6 hours a day...

specialized freeride saddle, azonic love seat

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.