Fizik Vitesse Saddle

• 74 mm. titanium high frame for extended range of adjustmnet and improved flexibility.
  • Multi-thickness padding for improved comfort.
  • Ergonomically designed platform for female anatomy.
  • Twin Teck Version ($110): petented gel distributes pressure and reduces the risk of numbness and soreness.

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 31, 2008]
    Anonymous

OVERALL
    Strength:

comfortable: easy to slide back and forth

I like it good enough for me!

nothing to compare to: first seat

[Jul 01, 2003]
    Barb M

OVERALL
    Strength:

lightweight, extremely comfortable; easy to sit and ride and easy to slide off the back for steep declines

leather pulled off at the nose

This is the best saddle out there for women. It is amazingly comfortable, but not at all bulky. It is a bit pricey, which is why I decided to purchase a cheaper women's specific saddle after wearing out my Vitesse - the WTB Speed She - and that was a huge mistake. I have now placed an order for a new Vitesse and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I HIGHLY recommend this saddle.

WTB Speed She Race

[Dec 03, 2001]
    Alicia P

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very comfortable and looks great.

None, but it would be nice if it had scuff guards.

This is the most comfortable and by far the best saddle I have ever owned. I wish I had gotten two! I have the cromoly rails and it's still super light. Less cush is better and this saddle proves it. I rode on this saddle for six hours this past weekend and not once did I have any pain-NONE!! The skinny nose is great for steep short climbs too. I didn't think a saddle this comfortable even existed but now I'm defintely going to get one for my road bike . BUY THIS SADDLE!!

Selle Italia Trans Am, Bontrager FS 2000 WSD

[Nov 18, 2006]
    Ian Wright

OVERALL
    Strength:

Originally it was marketed a unisex saddle, I notice now its marketed as a womans saddle with is surprising given its length and the width is not substantially more that the arionne from the same stable.

No scuff guards both saddles have got some scuffing care of my habit of track standing ever set of lights and sometimes stuffing it up, ie, falling off.

A great saddle. I've got two bikes and two of these saddles, in a word they are super comfortable, no sore bits and I've been riding with these now for 2 years. They are the titanium railed version with some kind of gel (HP version).
    Would recommend it to anyone male (with exception of thin build like a marathon runner) or female who is looking for a comfortable saddle. The 'arione' is a simular saddle however is more expensive so the 'vitesse' is good value in the Fizik range.

Selle San Marco

[Jan 13, 2004]
    June

OVERALL
    Strength:

Its italian. The website is too much fun. you can pick your own model,color, saddle, rails, and padding preference.
    Very light.
    very comfortable on the first ride.

cost ? but I'll pay the 20 bucks more if it means that all summer long I dont have to think about my saddle.
    Puts it in perspective.

wow this saddle! Esthetics are WAY off board. My new saddle is just durn pretty!! Out of the box, the seat is so pretty and lite! I got the Chamelean Blue. You almost dont want to sit on it! I think I'll just have to get some white shorts now.
    My hubby instantly compared it to his Sella Italia Flight. its KIND of similar in appearance...but if you measure the Vitesse its slightly wider in the back for a woman's seat bones. It is also lighter, thinner and ...well..prettier.
    I was really happy that the second I got on the bike I felt a huge difference in feeling. It was like Aaaaahh! I felt cradled while I was riding!
    I am riding a lot now on my trainer so a comfy road saddle is a welcome relief. That Terry saddle is GONE.
    I rode on it for the first time and didnt even think about it. It was INVISIBLE to me. so awesome. I am really happy with my purchase.

The FI ZI K website is fun to use. Just waiting and finally getting a BOX from Italy is fun too ! Italy makes good saddles. Vente' !
    I got the 'bare basic' model. Just the forgiving Ti rails and no padding. it is the 80 dollar one.

My mountain bike has an Avocet O2 on it . That saddle is really comfy for me. I did a whole 6 hour series on it and never ONCE felt any pain. I am sure it was the Ti rails . But for a road saddle its almost too wide.
    For my road bike I wanted an elegant saddle that was like my Avocet, but I wanted a lighter, narrower back to allow greater freedom of movement when I am in the drops. I can see this would be comfy on a mountain bike too. However, I am a bit worried about the other reviews that it might not be so durable.
    Time will only tell.

If you are intermediate or a beginner. I would probably still recommend the Avocet O2 as a saddle to consider. But .. I really think if you are a frequent flyer, you will really like the high performance and comfort of the FiZik Vitesse saddle.
    I hope this review helps someone ! at least go look at their website. its too fun!

Avocet O2
    Terry Butterfly

[Oct 28, 2000]
    royce

OVERALL
    Strength:

really cool looking,comfortable,light

expensive,cow hide is wearing off

this is the only brand of saddle I will ever buy again.whats the deal,did I fall in love with a girls seat or what?this thang is great to ride on(no numb tool for me thanks)it has comfort all day.I bought it because my lbs recommended it,and because it had a cowhide cover.I like the ida of some dumb ass cow giving her life so I can be stylin on the trail.

wtb,avocet,nashbar,giant

[Apr 21, 2000]
    Kathy

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, comfort, comfort!

Durability,
    Bleeding black dye

I moved my original review here from the generic Giro Fizik section, and will also give an update. I now have 3 of these on the road, tandem and hartail mtb. I've got several thousand combined miles on them. I still love them, but the leather is wearing through on the two I ride the most. I wrote to Giro about putting scuff guards on an mtb model, but got a brush-off. Even on the road bike, the leather is wearing through where my thighs rub, and my thighs aren't that big - I'm only 120lbs. As a result, my new mtb got a Selle Italia Max Flite TA saddle (is anyone at Giro listening?)

Original comments:
    This is the most comfortable saddle I've found in years! I had a men's Vetta VSA shock absorber saddle, but the gel turned to rock last winter. The new ones with the vinyl covers just aren't the same. So, I tried a Vitesse on my road bike and loved it, so I got one for off-road, too. The rails are relatively tall and long, so that provides some give. The padding is firm where your sit-bones go, and softer where your soft-tissue sits. The shell is also recessed, reducing pressure on soft tissue. I always found the nose-cutouts of Terry and copy-cat saddles to be too far forward to be useful. The saddle is also not really wide like so many women's seats. The only negative is that the black leather dye rubs off on my thighs and soaks through my shorts on to me when I sweat a lot. I'm usually headed straight for the shower after a sweaty ride anyway, so this is not a really big deal.

Selle Italia Max Flite TA, Vetta VSA, Avocet, several others

[Feb 14, 2000]
    Lynn

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, Looks

Cost, durability

Ladies, the more miles you log, the more you'll appreciate this saddle. Yeah, it's expensive, but what's a sore crotch worth especially if you still have 20-40 miles left in the days ride? I've had the titanium (without gel) on my road bike for almost three years, numerous centuries, and almost weekly weekend rides of 50+ miles, and I'd be afraid to ride anything else. If you've not really careful about where you lean your bike, or if you crash, the edges of the saddle get really chewed up. I e-mailed Giro to see if they had any intention of offering scuff guards for the women's model and the answer is NO. I recently replaced my road saddle with a new one (just cause I couldn't stand looking at the torn edges and faded areas of the navy blue saddle) and put the beat up one on my mountain bike...just as comfortable as ever, but it's a little more difficult to slide off the back of the saddle 'cause it's so wide. Thinking of getting a Nisene. I'd give it 5 chilis for road and 3 for mountain...if it only had scuff guards!

A bunch of "women's" saddles and a few men's saddles

[Oct 12, 1999]
    Leigh
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good contours, fair padding, and lightweight.

Could build in reinforcements on the corners -- scuffs too easily.

This a pretty darn good road saddle for women, especially if you would like a saddle that looks a little more sleek than a tractor seat. I've been very happy with this saddle, and I have completed several centuries and some long weekend rides. It fits my sit bones well, and it looks like a racing saddle to boot. I've only run it on my road bike so I can't tell you if it works well on a mountain bike or not.

Selle Italia.

[Sep 13, 1999]
    Heather Ribaudo
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

I ride this seat on my road bike and mountain bike. On the road bike I have the model with titanium rails and it is the most comfortable seat I've ever used. Its stands up to even long rides. I don't have as much comfort with the seat with cromoly rails one my mountain bike, but its still more comfortable than my old Terry MTB was.

I I don't know Giros ideas here, but although both of their comparable mens seats have reimforcements to improve the endurance of the seat, this womens seat has none. The seat on my mountain bike is pretty trashed.

Fork out the extra $$$ for titanium rails

Terry MTB

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.