Brooks Flyer 'S' Womens Saddle

Best Price At

The classic design of the Flyer S Saddle from Brooks Heritage Saddles features two rear springs that provide a smooth ride for long-distance touring on your bicycle. With the same fine leather found on the B17 Brooks models, the Flyer S will confirm to your bottom for years of cycling comfort whether you're commuting daily or striking out on a cross-country trip.

[Sep 05, 2007]
Lee Watkins

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort A+

Not Waterproof

My Fiance tells me this is the most comfortable saddle Ever! She rides to work every day about 3 miles each way in washington, DC. She is pretty short and heavy, so you would think that she would need one of the wider brooks saddles, but she loves that Flyer-S saddle. The springs on the back absorb any bumps in your path, so it's a very smooth ride. Only downside is you have to put some kind of fender on the back, and cover it up with a plastic bag if you're locking outside, because you can't let it get wet, but she doesn't care because it's the most comfortable saddle ever.

Brooks B.73

[Jun 07, 2007]
James Davies

OVERALL
Strength:

Wide buttock area, springs under rear

Poor built quality - adjustment nut weald broken so rotates freely, some protruding rivets had to be filed down.

I bought the Brooks saddle on the recommendation of many seasoned road tourers, but after 1500 miles of commuting on tarmac, and liberal application of leather dressing, it was still very painful. Not helped by the adjustment nut not working any more - so the leather sags onto the frame under weight.

I have now relegated this saddle to my MtB, where it is acceptable because I don't spend so much time in the saddle, and the springs take the sting out of bumpy trails on my hard-tailed Dawes.

I know many old cyclists swear by Brooks, doubtless they suite some - if the leather moulds to your posterior you could be happy with one for many years. But give me a firm gel racing saddle any day!

Selle Italia Trans Am, Vetta Gel Racing

[Jun 10, 2002]
Robin

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy and durable, excellent craftsmanship.

None that I've discovered, but if you like all that gel and cushion stuff, this is probably not the saddle for you.

This saddle gives me more comfort than a suspension seat post and it looks good! I had no break-in time - felt fine from the moment I put it on my touring bike and has about 800 miles on it now. No problems with rain or getting it wet - covers can be bought from any number of places or pilfer one of those complimentary shower caps from a motel room. Proofide occasionally and enjoy!

Avocet O2 Air 40 Women's, Brooks Professional S

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.