Ritchey WCS Logic Headset

Looking for a light, smooth, long-lasting headset? Then check out Ritchey?s WCS Logic Headset. With precision-machined aluminum cups and proven seals, the WSC Logic?s an easy choice for your esteemed ride.

[Apr 29, 2011]
old school

OVERALL
Strength:

Bearings are smooth as butter.......

The aluminum cups are too soft for heavy riders and front suspension.

The lower cup rounds out when under too much stress. I'm in the market for a new headset. Maybe the cane creek s8 model will hold up better.

[Dec 28, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, smooth, affordable price.

Nothing I noticed so far.

I am only into mountain biking for the last few months, and my previous FSA headset came with my bike. I replaced my headset after reading many online resources, and my decision to take Ritchey WCS was based on reviews, availability in local shop, and a bit of novice feeling (i.e. feel smooth, feel light, etc.).

Took me a few miles to get used to my bike after it was installed. I have never known that bike steering can be that smooth.

FSA

[Jul 25, 2007]
Amrit

OVERALL
Strength:

Dependable - Have used it for a long time now, since I started racing, winning regional champs, giving up racing, swapping it from bike to bike, and still haven't amazingly needed to even touch it.
Simple - The system works, why change it.
Ritchey - Make awsomly dependable products.

No wow factor - like that matters to me anyway (it does a little, but thats in the frame, not the headset.)

This item has been sorely overlooked and underrated, an extremely dependable and competent headset.

Some FSA one years ago and a Cane Creek something on my hack bike.

[Jun 26, 2007]
Buridan

OVERALL
Strength:

As "they" say, a good headset is one that you never think about or notice and the Ritchey WCS Logic fits this maxim to a tee. I've used this headset for the past two years and it has performed flawlessly. Before I bought the WCS, I researched all the high-end headsets looking for a less expensive alternative to Chris King. The only headset that consistently stacked up was the Ritchey WCS. It's as smooth as a wet bar of soap and maintenance free.

I forget that it's there and thus give it zero attention. I guess mature headsets are like that - they like to be left alone without all the fuss.

If you want an affordable high-end headset, the Ritchey WCS Logic is definitely the way to go. It's design and materials make it one of the best headsets out there. I love the way it looks with its minimalist design, which is "bling, bling" in my book. It doesn't scream out at you - "Look at me, look at me, I'm an overpriced component...!"

In my experience, this headset's reliability and durability are perfect. The Ritchey WCS is an often overlooked gem that surprises those who give it a chance, and because of this, you can often find one at a bargain price. Hurry up and get one before people finally take notice.

Cane Creek

[Jan 08, 2007]
Joe Peterson

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality,
Durability,
Sealed Bearings,
Lightweight

None so far

This is a good headSet, so good I replaced the old (silver) one with the newer model (black) in 2003. It is the top of the line from Ritchey, good quality at about half price of a ChrisKing. There are no fancy colours or graphics, Ritchey just keeps it simple and makes a top quality headset. Made from 7075 aluminium featuring sealed angular cartdridge bearings. I never had to grease the bearings, the realiability is very good at a very fair price. If you look for a good product at fair price get one it will last years without any problem.

Threaded Shimano STX '96, FSA '99, Ritchey WCS (silver) '01

[Mar 10, 2004]
Nicola

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, easy to install, it should last for some years.

None jet

Very lightweight and easy to install at a reasonnable price.
maybe it will not last like a Kris king, but It seems a good product. Anyway too much early for a verdict...

Tioga, shimano, cane creek

[Nov 16, 2004]
WolverineGator

OVERALL
Strength:

Pulled the headset apart after 2 years and was impressed at how clean the internals were. No maintenance since installation and the bearings were smooth. Rode this headset about 6000 miles on the road and 1000 miles off-road including about 20 races. Rubber wiper seal kept gunk out in all kinds of weather and the headset worked without a fuss.

None other than no bling bling factor.

Great value. Not a Chris King, but I'd buy this again for one-half to one-third the price!

Dia Compe AL2

[Mar 19, 2008]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

precision workmanship, smooth range of motion - everything you expect from Ritchey

none so far

I rode a Chris King nothreadset on my last bike and I can't tell the difference between that headset (which I paid over $100 for) and the Ritchey headset that I paid $50 for. Between my wheelset and headset, I've become a huge believer in Ritchey. Their products tend to be a little pricey but there's a lot to be said about craftmanship and not having to worry about when you'll be replacing a specific part. Buy it, install it, forget about it.

Cane Creek C2, Chris King

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.