Truvativ Noir T20 Riser Handlebar

With a sweet carbon fiber feel andTRUVATIV’s super-dialed “9x5”shape—9-degree back-sweep, 5-degree up-sweep—the lightweight NoirT20 isa versatile all-rounder for do-it-all XC racers and riders. Full seasonof racing? Sure. Weekend epics? Yep. Carbon fiber construction Unidirectional fiber finish Designed for XC/Trail riding Approximate weight 188 grams

[Apr 26, 2012]
dubdryver

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, comfortable, stiff, but with the proper amount of flex, relatively light weight, great value!

I previously had the Truvativ Noir WCS, and I haven't noticed a change of performance. There is a slight weight difference but I believe that is due to the longer length (680mm). They allow you to feel the right kind of feedback from the front end.

They provide a great feel and vibration dampening. The flex really isn't noticeable but it is there when pounding through rock gardens and over rough. I really think these bars are just performers with great value. I have always enjoyed the feel of riser bars, especially low-rise bars because they definitely feel different (better) than flat bars if you can get over the weight penalty going to a riser.

Just like my previous pair of WCS bars that are now on my girlfriend's bike, and I think retaining the same numbers (upsweep, backsweep, rise), they just operate exactly how they should.

Trust in these bars regardless if you are not sure about carbon. I have smashed these bars against rocks, clipped them on trees (680mm is a bit wide for the southeast) but they keep going, and give me no indication that they won't continue to do so for time to come!

I feel confident that these are on par with Easton EC70 bars as a less expensive price. If you are number crunching and see that Easton EC70 riser bars are listed for 155g, this is for the 660mm 25.4 clamp size. The 680mm Low-Rise EC70s weighed in at 186g, and my Truvativ T20s weight in at 187g, but cost $40 less.