Salsa Cycles Pro Moto Carbon Flat Handlebar

Salsa Pro Moto Carbon riser and flat handlebars are constructed of high modulus carbon for added strength and durability. 25.4mm clamp diameter66cm width5 degree bendHigh modulus carbon for added strength and durabilityTrim-to-fit system: extra wide stock length, cutTo preferred width Compatible with bar ends, computers, lights, etc., Co-engineered by Salsa and Alpha Q

[Dec 08, 2010]
dig slathig

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight, wide, and sexy.

crunches in at the stem clamp with less than the recommended torque and makes it unusable.

Clamped the bar into the stem with a torque wrench, as I'd done a million times before with the monkeylites. Thought I heard some crunchiness before I reached recommended torque, but ignored it and went riding for a year. No problem. Recently went in to switch bar to different bike and, OUCH! The bar is definitely crunched under the stem. Take to bikeshop for confirmation. Call Salsa and told probably not warranty. WHAT?
I will update but NO RECOMMENDO SALSA promoto carbon!

monkeylite's

[Oct 03, 2010]
Berkeley Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice finish. Light. Extra bend availible.

I changed from Mary bars which I used for their sweep as there were no other bars with the sweep I liked. I like carbon bars for the way they dampen the smaller ambient vibrations of normal riding and general pliance. When Salsa came out with the Pro Moto fFat Bar and the 17º sweep I jumped on it.

I have used Salsa products since Quill Stems and always liked their sense of design. I could have gone with a Riser and a lower stem. I have used risers only because they had a wider variety of sweep. I have never bought into the necessity of risers when a stem will do. I don't need the riser look.

The Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar was unique at the time. The look is great and it performs as a handlebar should.

easton monkeylite carbon riser

[Oct 09, 2009]
joe MTB
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, looks great, very flexible, Cutting marks do make it easy and works well. End bars mounted well for carbon.

Had to adjust some hardware screws to put shifters back on. Listed instructions on web site better for other products. Not everyone has a torque wrench.

Great Product and back sweep makes bar feel wider. Flexible for hard hits and does ease some hand jarring. Mounted up quickly and was slightly larger then prevoius Ritchey aluminium flat bar. Had to look up directions which was easy, however many ideas out their to make the bar project go quicker are not in simple to follow instructions. I took many measurements and adjusted faily easy.

Easton, Richey

[Jun 25, 2009]
jgriest03

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome stiffness and vibration dampening. great sweep @ 17 degress

none so for

Great bar if you want to spend the cash, thats why I'm giving 4 chilis for value

easton monkey lite, titanium flat bar(for sale)

[Jul 24, 2008]
Lothar Othp

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight. Strength. Great for racing.

Crash it & replace it. Unnecessary for everyday freeriding.

Best carbon bar I've ever used. I've crashed it hard numerous times and it has not broken...crashes that would have certainly broken my Easton bar. I've seen Easton carbon bars break, and its not pretty. However, now that I'm not racing as much anymore I'm switching to an aluminum bar for durability.

Easton carbon, lots of Al bars.

[Jun 12, 2007]
Craig

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, wide, looks good.

A bit pricey.

I replaced the Mary bar on my SS with this bar. I got the 11 degree bar and left it uncut. The Mary had a little too much rise for my 29er frame, so this bar is perfect. The 11 degree bend is comfortable, but still allows for good control on bumpy descents (my hands tended to wander a bit on the 40 degree Mary).

Overall, a very solid performer for single-speeding. If you don't mind dropping some coin for your components, check this bar out.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.