RooX FPS Freeride Bar Handlebar

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 13, 2019]
    Harls

OVERALL
    Strength:

I've been riding one of these epic bars for years and I love it. I find it gives a really comfortable grip that's easier on your wrists if you're dropping in and it's a better grip for jumps and step ups. I've got the hela wide model too and it gives epic control in the air. But I find guys either love it or hate it. I love it.

You need to buy the bar that's the right width for you off the shelf because you can't cut it down. But that's not really a weakness, just something to think of before buying it.

Purchased:
    New
    [Sep 10, 2000]
    Bent Forkx

OVERALL
    Strength:

Dynamic bar shape, promotes bent elbows for ergonomic shock absorption, and less effort in control steering

a little wide for freeriding in the woods

With the unique shape, and with the proper body geometry considerations taken into account, you will, gain better uphill/downhill freeriding control

icon, raceface, etc

[Mar 26, 1999]
    Denis

OVERALL
    Strength:

unique shape, looks good,easy to match bike's colour

hard to get brake levers/grip-shifts in through the handlebar

Roox Freeride bar looks strange and feels strange, but it works great. Friends of mine thought i purposely bent the end of my bars!!!Truly a bar for its price value!

[Oct 20, 1998]
    Christiaan Vingerling
    weekend warrior

OVERALL

A few months ago I bought the Roox freeride handlebar, but I am not very happy with it. The position and the wide of the handlebar is good, and it does not scratch easy, but the plastic thing to let it fit in your stem is trash.
    After a month the plastic thing was not able to stabelize the handlebar in the stem anymore, I have replaced them for handmade alu ones, and now it works.
    In a german handlebar-test they had the same problem they could not lock the
    handlebar in the stem, so they stopped testing it.
    I don't know why they keep selling trash like this!

[Oct 17, 2002]
    FlipSide
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

- Allows several riding positions (ergo shape)
    - Very comfortable once you get used to it.
    - Helps a lot while climbing
    - Great control for DH

- Feels really weird at first
    - Can't use lock-on grips
    - Not available anymore in 2003

This bar finally ended my search for the perfect fit on my bike. I was a bit reluctant to buy this bar at first because of the weird shape...and when I first tried it, I though "Yukk! Not sure I like that... :(" After a bit of tuning (move brake levers and shifters inward), I have to say this bar is awesome! Very comfortable for heavy trail riding! From very technical or long climbs to technical or fast DH, the unique shape and feel of the bar enhanced the control of my bike.

I love it!

The only thing I don't like from tham is that you can't use lock-on grips on it.

- Azonic World-Force 2" riser

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.