Litespeed Ti Handlebar Handlebar

3Al-2.5V cold-worked Titanium, Litespeed quality.

[Aug 08, 2005]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Bomb proof!

Litespeed customer service sucks!

I am a big rider 220 lbs and I broke a pair of Easton bars. I wanted something bomb proof and I got it in these bars. No problems in over 4 years! I have had problems with Litespeed on other customer service issues though so beware of buying a Litespeed bike but the bars are great!

Easton

[Jan 14, 2006]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

strength, weight, vibration damping, bulged not shimmed, wide enough for bar ends

Excellent bar. It's 23.5" wide, I think, which as I said above, is enough for bar ends without feeling squished. Unless you're used to riding some sort of 26" riser bar or something. It's a little wider than I would've liked for the tight, twisty, tree-infested trails of the Central Oregon coast, and a little narrower than I would like for my local East Bay trails, which I guess means it's just about right.

The vibration-damping of a ti bar cannot be overstated. After two of my riding buddies and I, all on FS/XC rigs, came bombing through about a mile of rock-infested downward-pitched (not really a downhill, per se) trail, I was the only one who didn't feel beat up in the arms, hand, or wrists, and one of them was using a Monkeylite carbon bar! Then again, maybe I'm just more of a flow rider. I think it's the bar.

All of the above, plus the fact that unlike aluminum and carbon, ti tends to bend before it snaps, makes this quite possibly the best investment an XC-oriented rider can make. And it'll probably be good as new when you're 80 and in a wheelchair.

Titec PG 118, aluminum crap

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.