Easton Monkeylite XC Handlebar

• Material: Proprietary Easton CNT composite
  • Length: 660 mm
  • Sweep: 8° sweep | 4° upsweep
  • Heights: Hi-Rise 1.5", Low-Rise 3/4"

[Sep 03, 2011]
Danfin

OVERALL
Strength:

Light! As in hardly believable light.

Very smooth surface

Super light and strong. Great width for control. Crashed hard a couple times without any damageto the bars.

Only issue is the super slick surface on the bars. It forced me to tighten the stem bolts past what Easton specifies for these barsto stop them from slipping. Also meant i couldnt run lock-on grips without doing the same resulting in the 4 chili rating.

Great bars for an XC/light AM bike.

Cheap Aluminum

[Aug 09, 2011]
CamShaft

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, colour scheme

Cracks when used with Easton carbon bar ends

Loved the bars, light, vibration reducing, nice rise and sweep plus they look great. That is until used with matching Easton carbon bar ends. Wound up with a nasty crack on one of the ends of my handlebars on installation. Easton recommend a torque of 5nm, mine didn't even make it to 3nm before the end of the bars cracked! New torque wrench too, no probs with tensioning any other items on my rig. Bugger! By themselves, the bars are great but the weak ends and poor recommendations by Easton has resulted in a few less chilis.

[Nov 25, 2010]
AndrewTucker23

OVERALL
Strength:

Great looking, stiff, light

scratches easily

This is a great bar! I was concerned about it being fragile because it was so light, but boy was i wrong! I never feel it flex! I did notice the amount of vibration it eliminated from the trail though. I'll never go back to an aluminum bar.

[Jul 04, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

weight, width of bar 27 inches wide is good!

Manufacturers instruction on use with bar ends. yeah I know....bar ends on a riser bar...what was I thinking. They should just say not recommend for bar ends or offer one that won't crush the bar. When the bar was 27 inches wide I could really feel it flex on steep climbs.

I like the bar but wish I would have never put bar ends on them. Now they are cut down to 25.5 from 27. May upgrade to the DH version next year. Price is painful so I am only giving it 3 flamers.

my first carbon fiber bar

[Jul 15, 2008]
historeeteacher

OVERALL

I don't have a bunch of technical mumbo-jumbo...just the facts. I'm 200 lbs. and ride some rough stuff from time to time. I wanted to try a carbon bar (31.8 diameter), but was afraid it would snap when the trail got tough. Well, it just recently survived 2 brutal days in Downieville (northern CA). If you know Downieville (along with my 200+ lbs. of geared up weight) then you know how impressive that is for a carbon bar...and my bar is the "XC" version!

[Jun 24, 2007]
robert

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight, strength, low rise, and width.

The best bars for the money, perfect for any racer or serious rider. They even look better then the monkey bar SLs, what more could you want?

Stock Bontrage Bars

[Apr 29, 2008]
joel

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, light as air, good looks

These bars are very strong, very light, and look good.

I was surprised when I got them just how light they were. My bike has been over a couple of times (unfortunately) on hard surfaces and they have stood up to the abuse. A real fit and forget item and highly recommended

[May 14, 2007]
bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, reliable

Great investment for almost anyone, not the casual rider. But if you hit the trails once a week these bars will pay for themselves. On apples to apples comparisons these bars are the best.

various Bontrager bars

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.