Easton EC70 XC Riser Handlebar

Easton EC70 XC Riser Handlebar: The gold standard for durability and ride feel, the EC70 has been totally redesigned for 2011. Coming in at a full 30mm wider than the previous version and, thanks to a new shape and revised TaperWall butting

[Apr 25, 2012]
xrodie

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, even lighter after I cut them down to 61cm

None yet.

I didn't notice any significant difference in vibration dampening, but didn't buy them for that. I bought them because they are super light and have a good rep for being strong.

Frankly on a dual suspension bike I think anyone would be hard pressed to truly feel the difference. My suspension is smooth and my tires are around 20 psi so not much vibration is getting to the bars to begin with.

Many different brands of lightweight and medium weight alloy bars.

[Apr 23, 2012]
pineapple sherpa

OVERALL
Strength:

Wide
Great vibration dampaning

None so far

Niner alloy flat bar came stock on my Niner E.M.D. Flat bar dropped me too low and hurt my back. I have always wanted to try a carbon bar and needed a riser. I know that Easton products have always been top of the control products. Along with bring me up to at more comfortable riding position I am floored of the amount of small bump dampaning. With all of the small rocks I come into contact here in Colorado it has let me ride without a death grip on the handlebars. The deals are out there so start surfing for the best price!

Specialed enduro low riser
Niner alloy flat bar

[Oct 27, 2011]
Yeti575er

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight. Vibration dampening. Blingy.

Cost

So these are the first carbon bars I have ever used. To be honest, I really bought them for the cool factor (very un-cool, I know). However, after many rides, these bars are incredibly awesome. I really noticed a difference after a weekend of 30+ miles of single track. The first day was 15+ and usually my hands would be sore and forearms tired. With the vibration dampening from these bars, I had none of that. I especially noticed the following day when I rode again. I was completely surprised by the small bump dampening. You don't feel the need to death grip the bars. That expensive suspension can do it's thing.

Only downside is cost. $100 on handlebars is totally ridiculous, but I would do it again in a minute. Only had for a few months, though, so I hope they hold up.

They are a bit wide as well. This whole, 'wider is better' trend is a bit overboard. I don't know about you, but there are trees where I mountain bike. I might cut them down a bit but I am still undecided.

Biggest single improvement of any component upgrade I have experienced yet. If you like to go fast over rough roots and rocks, these are a must.

None. First carbon bars. Lots of other aluminum.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.