Titec Pork Rinds Grip

Material: Ultra Light High Density Foam

[Oct 23, 2010]
DianeWong

OVERALL
Strength:

light,comfortable,inexpensive

none so far

I find them comfortable for my average sized hands.

ODI and Oury lock ons

[Sep 18, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

awesome fit on my hands, and on the bar! does not slip even when wet!

none so far

these are some of the lightest grips i have ever used and they fit better than any grip i have tried. very comfortable to hold onto even when they get wet. if you are looking to lighten the bar on your bike and have a nice looking as well as performing grip... this is it!

wtb grips

[Jun 16, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

SUPER light, comfy and cheap.

None so far

Cheap, super light. Hard to go wrong. Lose 60 grams off the bike for a few bucks.

WTB grips

[Sep 23, 2005]
Alistair King

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, seem to be quite hard wearing and comfortable for someone like me with small hands.

Get very slippery in the rain if you're not wearing gloves.

These are nice and comfortable but if you're going out in the rain make sure you've got your gloves on!

GT, Yeti

[Apr 21, 2003]
Klein Mantra

OVERALL
Strength:

Light

Iunno yet

Great grips. Very comfy. Very light. I rode them hard the other day for 3 hrs with no gloves. My hands were fine. Only a slight pain between my left thumb and pointer. But I usually get my hands all sore and blistered. I rode them today, but not for long due to a bad crash that made me stop for the day. Tomorrow I will ride them again. The only weakness I can imagine si that they might tear. I love em. I payed $13.50. I couldnt put that in the thing, cause it was to the nearest dollar.

none. first foam grips

[Jan 08, 2003]
Lighter=Better

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely low weight. Feel good on hands

Mine slipped a little on my carbon bar. May add glue or something to stop it.

Given the minor slipping issue with the Grips I will still rate them high. Something this low on weight, grip and feel this well should have a bad mark.

I dont think I would recommend them for bigger burly guys. You heavies out there may want to look elsewhere cause your hands may be to big and the feel might not be right.

Specialized, Yeti Hardcore (Heavy)

[Mar 20, 2002]
bigcat

OVERALL
Strength:

super lightweight, high quality feel

can be hard to find.

Being a weight weenie, there was little difference among grip selection as far as weight goes. Only a few grams of savings here and there, but basically, nothing worth getting excited over. That was until I discovered these Pork Rinds from Titec. I quickly bought a pair and realized how great they are! Weighing in at only 16g a pair, including the end caps, it actually weighs LESS than the manufacturer's claims! It's made of high density foam which feels very good on your hands. I used to get blisters forming with my old grips as I refuse to ride with gloves. Not the case with the Pork Rinds -- my hands feel great even after hours of riding!

all other grips

[May 23, 2004]
Iain Rathie

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, not too thick, good grip, long lasting

None so far

Great product. Did not buy them for the light weight - bought them because they came recommended as comfortable.

I have a small hand - these fit me perfectly. Diameter seems just a little less than other grips (maybe it's just a mind thing, i haven't measured them)

Recently did a two day epic - did not get any numbness in my hands.

Race Face, lots of no name stuff

[Feb 27, 2008]
Rick

OVERALL
Strength:

These grips are light weight, last a long time, fit my medium-sized hand, and they are inexpensive.

Must cut grips on long axis to remove (Be careful not to score the handlebar!); however, grips are can be reglued along cut using contact cement (a surprise); then reinstall. No other weaknesses observed.

I bought two pairs in 1996, one as back-up. I have not worn out the first pair yet, and I ride regularly. I wish every product worked as well as these grips.

Various Kraton compound grips (too slimey-feeliing for me).

[Jul 05, 2004]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, inexpensive straight forward. Nothing better for someone with small hands.

Not good with larger hands, felt very sore and made the ride way not worth the weight savings. I'm use to Oury grips.

IMHO, if your glove size is small go for it, Medium might work for you, Large no way, or XL you might was well forget it...

Saw a 5 rating on these and that is the case if you have smaller hands but as that is not advertised or stated on the package I can not give it 5 stars..

Gave mine to a friend he has no complaints... (Size Med gloves)

Oury, Grab-on mountain tech 2

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.