Sette Blade Lock-on Grip

[May 02, 2011]
mtbman007

OVERALL
Strength:

Price was great

Cheaply made, they move even when clamped down tight

I added these to my order just to see if they would help at all with the minor hand numbness I have experienced. After only two rides I've decided they aren't helping. They definitely won't last the season, the clamps are totally cheap. You get what you pay for. I'll keep them on my bike for a little while, but will likely replace them soon. I'll change the positions a few degrees before giving up on them though, and will post if I change my mind. I think some of the higher priced models would be a better idea, like the ergons. Grips are an important point of contact with the bike and next time I won't skimp on quality just to save a few bucks. They're not the bottom of the barrel, and might be OK on a beater bike or second bike, but not your main ride. I've bought a few other sette brand products from price point, and have been satisfied for the most part until now.

race face lock-ons, ODI, lizard skins, oury

[Dec 31, 2010]
darrinw2001

OVERALL
Strength:

good quality for the price, Ergo shape helps with hand numbness

none so far

I used these for a couple of rides waiting for my new Ergon GX1's to come in. They are not a bad grip for the price as they lock on well and seem to be made of quality materials. They are not as good as the Ergons, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Ergons, these will fit the bill. They are going on my son's bike when I am done with them.

Ergon GP1, GX1

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.