Ritchey True WCS Ergo Grip

Best Price At

The WCS ErgoTrueGrips by Ritchey are lightweight and durable all weather foam gripsThat feature an ergonomic shape and an inner "hand stop" for added comfort. Superlight,Tough high density foam for grip in wet conditions Ergo shape for palm-fitting comfort Inner “hand-stop” collar Published Weight: 36g(without end plugs)

[Aug 30, 2018]
Rontenbichler

OVERALL
Strength:

- light - cheap - look good

- not comfortable - the palm suffers from pressure as the foam of the grips is too thin - after 6 weeks of use on a street bike the foam starts cracking already - again I've been using Ritchey true grips for about 8 years now. For the last three years, the foam of the true grips shows very bad durability. It starts with short cracks that open up more and more. On my street bike (for commuting) they last max. 1 year. On another bike (MTB) I still have a pair that ist 8 years old and still fine. I thought I'd give the Ergo Version an try - same phenomenon here. Plus zero comfort on a bike without suspension. I'll replace them an look for something else.

Price Paid:
2018
[Nov 24, 2012]
Pawel

OVERALL
Strength:

Very low weight, comfortable, don't make sticky after standing long time in sunny.

It's the lightest version of the TruGrip WCS Grip, not so Comfortable - just a little bit, bur less foam = less weight.

The best grip on the market.

[Sep 15, 2011]
Ecogeek

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light. Durable. Super comfy. Grippy. Cheap. Don't slip.

The Ergo bulge is not perfect. But, how could it be. Would need to make grips mouldable to individual. Public domain. No patent there now! Lol.

Ok. This is the best grip there is for most riding.
For DH or FR, you want lock-ons. For XC/Trail and even AM, this grip rules for price/performance/weight. Period.
I like it enought that I tried the other Ritchey WCS (sort of octagonal and larger profile) but I like it much less.
So, this is the one, unless you know someone with an even better foamie for less $.

If you think durability would be an issue with this grip, you are wrong. I run these on three bikes. They never show ANY wear! It's ridiculous. My rubber lock-ons get worn away. And give me blisters in the process.

These grip great in wet or dry. Don't move (mount them easy by spraying X-strong hairspray from the Mrs inside, then slide on, and they stick in place for good). Mind you, full disclosure, I don't choose to ride in pouring rain. But, I have got caught in the odd T-storm and not noticed any problem.

Basically, my recommendation could barely be higher.
These are one of my very favourite bike products. A rare combination of light-weight, good performance, comfort, durability, and low price. Don't think they are somehow inferior to others because they are foam and low cost. Bizarrely, the absolute opposite is true.
Buy them, shave grams, get comfy, ride.

NB. The bulge is supposed to go on the inside.