Odi Grips Intense Lock-On Downhill Grip

Lock-On grips are becoming increasingly evident on mountain bike courses andTrails aroundThe world, as more and more riders comeTo realizeThe benefits of ODIs revolutionary system.Along with complete non-slip performance, cyclists appreciateThat, forThe firstTime,They can easily change stylesTo meet varyingTerrain, race or weather conditions.They also enjoyThe economics of not havingTo cut off and destroy a perfectly good pair of grips anytimeThey wantTo change shifters or brakes. Manufacturer:

[Feb 20, 2011]
nasty610

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, don't move, makes changing brakes shifters bars easy

Striped 2 of the screw in the locking clamps. Probably my own fault. Really slippery when wet if not wearing gloves.

Not sure why these are wearing so fast for the other guys. I'm still using the same set I purshed back in 04. They've been on 3 seperate bikes and the only problem I've had to date is the screws stipping. Not the threads but the allen key interface. I run these on my all mountain, dirt jump and my dh bikes in mud, rain and even a little snow. I can honestly say that I hate them without gloves though. They feel a little small and once your hands start to sweat they are fairly slippery. I'm giving them 5 chilis because I've never had to replace them and I just don't ride without gloves so I don't have the problem with them being slick.

Just the normal slide and hope they stay type grips

[Jul 01, 2009]
rmillet

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong clamping system, soft sticky rubber.

Might wear quicker than others (based on rubber durometer).

The soft, sticky, GRIPPY rubber is great (IMO), but the soft/sticky durometer will sacrifice life of the grip (mine lasted over a year)....so if you know this at time of purchase you shouldn't end up disappointed.

These break in fast, and STICK to gloves. I am going back to these (on sale cheap at Jenson right now), after the cruddy T.H.E. grips I bought are coming apart (see my review).

I like ODI products on my MTB and my BMX cruiser, I am going to stick to these (or the Rogue/Ruffians), I liked the open square design on the fingertip side of these Intense grips though.

ODI Rogues, Odyssey, T.H.E.

[Jun 23, 2008]
kiwijames

OVERALL
Strength:

ODI locks is a good design. Great when replacing cockpit componentry. No need to cut your grips off

Wear really fast. Grip small in diameter for larger hands.

I have used Liz Skin Northshores for a few years, same gripes with little to no wear. These ODI intenses, I have used for basically 1 month and the grip wear is astounding thus far. Slightly smaller in diamter than the Northshores, thus the forearm muscles get a little more tension.
Whether you get ODI or other lock ons, you'll like the fact that you don't have to deal with cutting off the grips when you upgrade pr change out some handlebars or components

Lizard Skins North Shores and are compatible with ODI locks.

[Jul 10, 2006]
Dustin Robertson
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip when new.motostyle pattern

Wears fast,slipery when wet lock ons start to wear fast

These grips are pretty good if you are looking to buy new grips every couple of months lol.Better for ppl that are looking for a nice soft grips. not a bad buy actually

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.