Lizard Skins Peaty Lock-On Grip

Best Price At

Install the comfy Lizard Skins Peaty Lock-On Cheers Grip and roll with a non-slip, dampening, and secure grip.

[Aug 01, 2014]
Barheet

OVERALL
Strength:

Grippy, don't move at all, durable.

I've been using these grips for over a year now, and I ride 4-6 days a week during the warm months. They are just as grippy now as the day I installed them. They have started to wear a bit because I hadn't rotated them. So I just loosened up the locking rings and rotated. Now they are as good as new. I could see these grips lasting for the life of the bike.

My hands have never slipped while using these grips. Not when using gloves, not without gloves, not in the rain or snow, not sweaty palms. Never. What else do you need?

Some people don't like these grips because they are on the thin side when compared with the Rogues. I love these thin grips because I can feel the dirt under my tires better.

[Apr 03, 2013]
Carl

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, grip, high durability, and good comfort.

Don't install themselves? Actually, no weaknesses, IF you know what you are looking for. Most reponses in this box are because the buyer did not really know what they were looking for, and were dissappointed. Or expected more from a cheaper product. I knew, and was not dissappointed at all.

I bought a 2009 Santa Cruz Heckler with these on it. I assumed they were stock or almost stock. I did not have to give the grips any thought at all. Really. Think about it. When a product does what it is supposed to, and causes you no concern or worry, or complaint. It fulfilled it's mission. These grips do that. Easy to install. Good looking , and they keep their look as in weather, UV, stabilized. Very durable, and the sticky-ness stayed at the same level for going on a year. And there is no abnormal wear. I just bought another pair for a newer FR/DH bike with no qualms or desire to try anything else. I do wear gloves all the time as I ride in AZ and our trees bite back.
I like 'em. And I'm the biggest whiner on the planet.
:-)

[Jul 13, 2012]
Joe Small
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Lost lasting, super tacky, all weather grips, durable, simple, grippy and sticky, useable with or without gloves, look good, comfy!

Bar ends are a bad design but still work

Really good grips, they arent cheap to start with at about £16 so about $20 but they are Long lasting, and ODI ruffians are £15 or $18.50 but need to be replaced every 6 months, ive ran these lizard skins for 18 months and only replacing them for an up coming trip to morzine. Ive ran ODIs and Giant grips and they dont compare to the durabilty and all weather grip of the lizard skins, may be quite a lot to start with but they save you money in the future, also the grip pattern is really comfy because i find that you really have to bed in ODI grips to get them comfy and tacky but peaty grips do it from day 1.

[Jul 06, 2012]
lew242
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Grippy in all conditions. Attractive, fairly lightweight, very long-lasting.

Expensive, end-cap uninspired compared to ODI grips, too thin (in diameter) for some people.

The price isn't too much for these grips as these grips really last very well. I also love the amount of grip, although for me they are a bit too thin, (in diameter) and marginally prefer ODI Rogue grips.

DMR Loccd, ODI Ruffian, Rogue, Chinese/Taiwanese copy grips.

[Nov 13, 2011]
Sir Chan destroy

OVERALL
Strength:

Lock down tight, no movement whatsoever; extremely good looking - there is something to say for aesthetic craftmanship; customizable; yes, they are *super* tacky - but to me this is a strong point - when I'm barreling down a rocky, technical descent or navigating a tight rock garden, I want as much assurance as I can get that my hands are not going to slip...and they won't; clamps take a beating. Bottom line - they are relatively light, look great and will give you the confidence that your hands will not slip off of the grip, forwards or backwards. I never had that confidence with Ergons, which never did eliminate any numbness whatsoever...and the Peatey is just as comfortable if not more so. Oh, and I have the white grip with red/blue clamps - the grip gets hella dirty after just about every ride. But guess what? 30 seconds spent on each grip with Windex and a Scott shop rag and they look brand new again.

Just a little on the thin side, but I have gotten used to it. Not much cushion, but as stated, they produce no more numbness than did the Ergon GS-1's I ran previously.

A little pricey, but they are more than worth it, so I'm giving fives all around. "High five!" -Borat

Stock this and that, Ergons

[Nov 01, 2011]
Cormac

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, won't move once locked in place.

Pretty solid grips and comfortable. They will not move once locked in place. They do seem pretty tacky, which is good I'd imagine after just one 8 mile loop with these on the bike. I got em because I like the fact that they are lock-on and therefore easily removed when need be. Also the fact you can customize them anyway you want is nice. Put the value at 4 since the price is a little steep, but that might just be because of the customization.

[Jun 12, 2011]
desertrider83

OVERALL
Strength:

Sticky as hell

Sticky as hell

This is my first pair of lock on grips. And they came with my bike. Mine are grey (grip) & black (lock ends) it is nice to be able to adjust easily, then lock down and not have to worry.
I dont get upset or worried about dirty grips, they are grips. But, these bad boys are so sticky, they ate through my tld gloves.

when I first started riding, they felt normal, but after some ruff mnt riding, it's like a layer has worn off, and they are super sticky to the touch.
it feels like there is glue on my grips, but when I take my hands off to see if there is something sticky on my hands, nothing.

make sure if you upgrade to these grips, you upgrade your riding gloves too, if they are old, they will be eaten by these grips.

cant compare to other lock on grips, I really like wtb grips, so I may switch to wtb lock on grips, not sure.

wtb grips

[May 31, 2011]
BaggiesOnly

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, durable, and look nice.

I bought these after reading several reviews and wanted to put locking grips on my Trek 6500. I liked them so much I put them on my new Rockhopper Pro 29er as well. They leave my hands feeling better than any other grip I have used after a long ( 2 hour + ) ride. They grip really well and look nice too. I Totally recommend these if you want some nice grips for a decent price.

[Feb 09, 2011]
Greg01

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything! This is the perfect grip. Super tacky, perfect for gloveless riding. Perfect for gloved riding. I have abused these and the grips haven't even slightly deteriorated (yet). These lockrings are serious. You can TRY to move the grips and just get frustrated at how weak it makes you feel. They also clean VERY easy. Little bit of rubbing alcohol and a shop rag and the grips will look brand new (I have the white Peateys and yes, they are actually still white after an entire wet winter season).

Nadda

This grip continues to get the highest ratings, and now I know why. Very tacky, sufficient padding, cleans easy, and the lockrings just work. Period.

[Oct 14, 2010]
wongaling

OVERALL
Strength:

Look's sexy and tacky as a mofo, seriously i thought $45 was pretty damn harsh but as soon as i put them on my bike i have had no second thoughts.

would've like a end cap crossed with an outer lock ring but her doesn't matter.

more expensive than my other two pairs of lock ons but well worth the price.

zero lock on's
maxxis lock on's

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.