Ergon GP1 BioKork Grip

Best Price At

The lightweight cork body and patterned rubber compound provide natural damping properties and excellent grip-ability.

[Dec 25, 2012]
429 SCJ

OVERALL
Strength:

No more numb hands! Lock-on makes them easy to remove for a bar/brake/shifter change or cleaning. Quality is great. Looks good.

I don't like the bar-end plugs. They are squared off and difficult to install. I used the plugs from the grips that I removed.

I saw these at the LBS one day and decided to try them. After one ride I most likely will never use a standard round grip again. Make sure you take your hex key with you as you'll adjust these several times before you find the sweet spot. I have the large size. The small felt too small with my 5 inch wide hands. It's nice to trail ride for ten miles or more and not have numb hands.

This is the only ergonomic grip that have tried

[Dec 06, 2011]
tnelsonfla

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, bolt-on

They are a nice touch to my old Mountain bike I brought back to life with new rims, tires, chain, pedals and saddle. I don't do much off road but like doing paved trails and some gravel packed trail in my area. Once you get them positioned right they are great. they are sticky to start but after a few rides they break in nicely. Just bought a second pair for wifes bike and she really likes also. I love the Eco-friendly aspect and they work great also.

oury, stock

[Feb 24, 2011]
Only29ers

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, love the vintage appearance, green factor is a nice touch...

weight, although I'm not too concerned about this...

I was experiencing discomfort and some pain while riding standard grips. The ulnar nerve, which Ergon claims to support, was taking some abuse during trail riding. I ride moderate-advanced technical terrain. The Oury's seemed to be as heavily padded as one can get in a standard grip. After about 2 years riding, I needed something more. The Ergons were instantly comfortable for me. There is a period of adjustment, as you fine tune the angle of the grip for maximum comfort, but even if not perfect they still take the sting out of standard round grips. There is a sure-handedness associated with these grips, like they fit better in your grasp and provide a more natural control of the bike. Plus the brown looks great with my brown spoon charge saddle on my root beer MCR. There are only 3 contact points between rider and bike...why not make them as comfortable as possible. Im surprised I don't see more Ergons at the trailhead. Value gets 4 chillis, as these are among the most expensive grips on the market. Overall gets a 5 because comfort outweighs price and heft.

Oury lock-ons, other standard round grips

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.