RockShox Reverb Stealth B1 Dropper Seatpost

Available At

[Mar 10, 2019]
mtbman007

OVERALL
Strength:

I never got to use it, it fell apart as I was installing it. Advice to anyone: it’s easy to find a better one, don’t waste your cash on thos piece of s**t.

Based on reviews, it’s got a lot of weaknesses. However, to be fair, I never actually used it. The connectamajig thing fell apart as I was installing it on my bike. This post was spec’d on my new Kona Process which I ordered online. I’ve always serviced my own bikes and built many from scratch, so I’m not new to various repairs. I’m new to dropper posts though, and I would have to say that someone who has installed a few of these MAY have had better luck. I’m going to cut my losses and order a Thomson dropper instead. This thing will likely end up in the garbage like so many others. My bike is a 2018 model year, so not sure what model year the post is. I’ve looked at a lot of the online installation videos before I even touched it, but they seem to change the connectamajig every so often and there really wasn’t any good diagrams on this one.

Purchased:
New
[Nov 06, 2016]
Chainstay
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Well, the design looks ok visually and you could use your imagination to envisage how this might have been a decent design. The action is smooth and ability of controlling the post return speed is precise according to your needs.

Failed after less than 10 rides. Post Sag. Back to manufacture. Looks like even the new B1 design is still just as prone to Sag issues as the previous design. Whatever changed in the new design - doesn't seem like it has addressed the Sag issues.

Looks like it should have been a fairly decent product. However, after developing post Sag in less than 10 rides, it would appear that this product still suffers from the the previous post design issues - which was very prone to the same issue. Not really sure what to say further about this. Overall it could actually be a fairly decent post if you can manage to get one which does not have Sag Issues. Given this is the new B1 design which was suppose to fix these issues, my confidence in the overall reliability of the product is not too high.