KS Supernatural Remote Dropper Seatpost

Best Price At

The I-950r was awardedThe Eurobike award in 2008 amd 2010, and placed first inTheTBEA product innovation award 2008 and 2010. 7050 alloy body Cold forged head 385mm post length 125mmTravel with lever-mounted remote Approx. 512 grams (no remote)

[Jul 24, 2018]
wtdash

OVERALL
Strength:

My 1st dropper on a '16 Mason. About 20 rides and it worked as intended.

Now broken as it won't 'lock' in the up position. Will see if it can fixed, obviously out of warranty.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Nov 11, 2015]
Matt Anderson

OVERALL
Strength:

The lever is great. Longevity. Easy maintenance. Customizable trim

The seat clamp can be a challenge to adjust at times.

I am a 230# rider with more than 10 years on the trails. My current bike is a Trance X29er. I ride single track in New England. Bear Brook State Park is my home network. Rough, rooty, Rocky, gnarly single track. New England riding is almost always wet, muddy, humid, and slippery. I ride on average 15-20 mile loops about every other day as.long as there is less than a few inches if snow, then I head to the slopes. I have broken my lower D-link (suspension linkage) twice in two years now, stripped out two rear hubs (XT & X9) this past season. I have had to rebuilt the Rock Shox Monarch at least twice a season so far due to loss of pressure or stuck down. My bikes are ridden hard and I do all my own maintenance and repairs.

I have ridden on my 2011 KS Supernatural 30.9x125mm that I purchased as a take off on EBay for 4 full seasons almost flawlessly. Just this week I have had to change the cartridge. Now I cannot quickly think of a part on any of my bikes that I use and abuse as heavily as my seatpost that would last that long. The cartridge, after 4 years of use has finally started to leak and I have lost roughly 1" of travel. The post still runs smooth and quick but I can now lift the seat and draw the post up about an 1". I am still using it while I wait for the new cartridge as it still operates fine, I just had to raise the post about an 1".

Now the post isn't perfect. It gets dirty fast in wet conditions and will hang up needing a small tap from the ass or a second push on the lever to get it to fully raise when it gets too dirty. Once you pull it out of the sleeve and clean it down its back to running smooth again. The maintenance is simple and as with any other part escencial.

I love this dropper post and cannot remember what it was like to ride without it.

Rock Shox Reverb

[Aug 25, 2015]
johnhitt

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice lever control. Infinite adjustment

Poorly designed. The seat mounting claps failed with in 6 months and stripped. The seat mount bolt loosend up, the teeth stripped, the end of a saddle staying properly adjusted. Went to KS Warranty since it was less than a year old. KS said nothing is wrong with their design and the failure is my fault.

Poor design, horrible warranty commitment. Overall a very poor purchase. I went back to Rockshox's reverb, I have them on my other bike. I'm back riding hard and happy. I still continue to press KS to make good on their warranty statement, eventhough I expect nothing from them. Too many better options in the market, too many companies that are willing to keep your business.

Rockshoxs Reverb.

[Apr 30, 2015]
no se

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Everything.

Used less than 10 times and now the post will no longer extend. Did not discover it was not working until it was four months out of warranty. It was on my wife's bike who was not riding much at the time because of kids.

No warranty exceptions from KS.

[Aug 10, 2014]
Jack McCafferty

Strength:

Sticks at top and at the bottom. I have to bounce down hard to hopefully get to release. No help from the service department. Would never buy another KS.

Seat post is a waste of your money. A very bad product. All thumb down.

[Jun 10, 2014]
Erik

OVERALL
Strength:

One year now on this post with absolutely no problems and I'm a 200 lb rider. No seat wobble and still as buttery smooth as it was new. Easy set up and adjustment.

None.

Love this post it has completely uped my downs and control all over the mountain.

[Mar 31, 2013]
AZ_AlanS

OVERALL
Strength:

None. This is by far the worst bike related purchase I have ever made. New out of the box the post was sticky at the topped out position. KS rep assured me it would break in and smooth out. If not he advised the I could take it apart and lightly sand the inside of the bushing. After a couple months I returned it to KS. They shipped it back to the LBS without any repairs stating it was working fine. Still sticking in the top position. Bottom line is I sent this back to KS 3 time and it still sticks. I gave it back to the LBS without a refund. I will never buy another KS product.

Difficult to adjust the seat angle, the seat clamp is horrible. Post sticks in the topped out position, must raise your ass off the seat and slam down to get released. Returned to KS 3 times for warranty and still did not work properly. This product does not deserve 1 flaming chili but that is the lowest option.

Worst bike related purchase I have ever made and worst customer service that I have received.

Crank Brothers Joplin , Specialized Command Post

[Feb 10, 2013]
firevsh2o

OVERALL
Strength:

very reliable, very good remote lever, 6" of travel, easy to understand mechanical actuation

not the lightest (but the competition is not light either), fiddly screw that fixes the cable to the posts head,

I bought the post about over a year ago for my surrounding trails. On my normal trail rounds I have many little climbs and descends so a dropper post is really ideal for me. I am 190cm (6'3") tall and weight about 190lbs and I have ridden Megavalanche this year. Normally I ride three times a week and even in winter I ride once a week. So my post got really tested. And what can I say? It passed my test with ease!

Compared to the Gravity Dropper I had before the action is smother and the 6" drop is the real advantage for me.

I had only minor problems with it: Once the mini-screw that holds the cable got loose and I had now allen key that small with me to retighten it. So the saddle stayed in full up position for this ride. The other - really minor - quirk is that when I store the bike with the post down the saddle wants to stay there on the next ride. I have to - lightly - pull it out with the first operation. Then it works perfect for the rest of the ride.

Given all the bad reviews I read all the time about this post I am really surprised how good mine performs. I love it!

Gravity Dropper; Thomson, Race Face, Ritchey,...

[Nov 08, 2012]
Rob

Strength:

where do i start. Ok mine broke after only 3 rides. bad angle adjustment broke the aluminum ribs off, because the seat didn't stay where it suppose to lock in, so i had to tighten it a little more and quashed the aluminum ribs, they are soft as
butter really not the right grade of aluminum for a part which has to hold 180lb + rider.
"A BIG ENGINEERING FAILURE"
Kind shock also has the worst warranty service, i have never experience something like that.
they are working on mine since almost 3 month.

Meanwhile i bought a Giant contact switch and i had no problem so far with it,i and i use it now for 2 1/2 month works great.

Good Advise Don't buy Kind Shock Seatposts

Joplin (junk), Reverb (good), Giant (good)

[Feb 06, 2012]
jgusta

OVERALL
Strength:

150mm (6") of adjustment. Smooth action. Nice lever ergonomics.

Very unreliable, heavy at almost 1.5lbs and pricey for being so un-reliable.

Just not worth the coin and hassle to buy, own and use this product regularly in my honest opinion. I have had this post for 9 months and has been sent back in for repair SIX times now with regular cleaning/maintenance. I have used adjustable seatposts for about 6yrs now and this has been the worse and the only adjustable post that has made me truly convert back to standard posts. Would be on something else, but prefer at least 6" of adjustability from climb/descend postion. I am only keeping the post for places where I have to have one on terrain that goes up/down/up/down, etc like in Sedona and maybe for Super D races. Fortunately, I primarily ride on trails in the NW that are mostly all up to all down and prefer the standard post for this where I can adjust it just where I want it and having the extra pound off my bike doesn't hurt either. Crappy product, sorry.

Gravity Dropper Classic (4&5"), RS Reverb