KS Lev Dropper Seatpost

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

If you haven't tried a dropper seatpost for your gnarly mountain bike rides, you're missing out on an easy way to improve your descending powers. The KS LEV offers the latest in dropper seatpost innovation with the only hydraulically locked and air sprung post to feature zero cable movement and up to six inches of silky smooth travel.

[Sep 25, 2018]
jdeat

OVERALL
Strength:

This post was mostly trouble free for a few months and performed its function well enough during this time.

After four months the seat rail clamp began to crack and KS says this is not warrantable. I did not make any seat adjustments and rod the bike as set by my shop/fitter. In addition to this the post for about a month before this crack was noticed developed a noticeable wobble between the main post body and the stanchion. I would not recommend anyone buy this. I also have a Fox transfer and this is a far superior dropper post.

Model Year:
2018
[Aug 01, 2018]
trek931

OVERALL
Strength:

I do like that the thumb lever integrates with ODI lock-on grips. Also, the action is smooth, but that's where the strengths end.

The top clamp of the post is faulty. I have ridden on this for the past 2 months and have needed to replace seatpost bolts and nuts twice. Everything was torqued to spec (6nm), but this last ride the rear seatpost bolt worked loose, causing a catastrophic failure on landing. The top clamp had actually bent and the seat fell from the bike - I've never had anything like this happen in the 20 years I've ridden and raced. I can't recommend this and really disappointed with Art's Cyclery for passing the buck to KS who still hasn't responded after 4 days. Overall, it's a flawed post - save yourself a headache and buy literally any other post.

[May 31, 2018]
IPA Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

I guess a plus is that the name has the word "kind" in it

Seat clamp bolts would not stay tight (no wonder since one was too short to engage threads in the nut). Height sagged gradually while riding. Stiction - so you had to bump your seat to get it to move even with remote fully engaged. But the worst part is their customer service...slow responses...accuse customer of being an idiot...user error ("couldn't be anything wrong with our product")...even though there are long threads on the forum with many people discussing the SAME PROBLEM...delay...fail to take any responsibility

$314
[Apr 03, 2017]
Ethan Meginnes

OVERALL
Strength:

I have had 5 KS posts that have lasted well. I had a few warrantees in the early days but they were great on taking care of. More recent posts from them have been terrific. I have even reviewed their posts before defending them a bit.

The 27.2 version has been nothing but trouble. It returns slowly most of the time. It gets stuck and takes a lot repeated downward pressures to release. It got crazy head play in very quickly. Now KS is giving my shop hassles on the last return and that repair only lasted for 3 rides.

It is really too bad because KS had been really good with performance and customer support. I recommended them to a lot of riders. Now I feel completely bit. I am actually tossing this 27.2 post as it just really has cost me so much time. I am just done with KS now.

Reverb, Thomson but have used mostly multiple versions of KS posts.

[Sep 09, 2016]
artnshel

OVERALL
Strength:

150mm drop, mostly reliable

Creaky seat clamp, delay in action

KS Lev Integra. The seat clamps bend and then creak like crazy. If you talk to KS about it they won't do anything even during the warranty. Mine also has a delay issue. I'll try the new fox or 9 Point 8 next.The seat clamps bend and then creak like crazy. If you talk to KS about it they won't do anything. Mine also has a delay issue. I'll try the new fox or 9 Point 8 next. Here's a link to the problem which has been unresolved by KS for 3 years. http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/kindshock-lev-seat-clamp-coming-loose-846454.html

Specialized Command Post

[Mar 15, 2016]
Ian Buxton

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Dropper

LBS couldn't fix, so had to send in for warranty work

This post is mostly on KS Customer service. I had a stuck valve in the oil cartridge and my LBS couldn't fix it. I sent it into KS 10 days from leaving on a MTB Trip and mentioned that and they turned it around ASAP.

[Sep 22, 2015]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Not much to compare it to, so cannot comment here. When you spend over $300 and the product lasts less than 2 yrs., that's a bad product.

The nitro charge gave out too early and it got mushy.

These guys are total weenies and will not stand by their product. They rejected the warranty claim. Bad company, bad product. Avoid KS.

[Sep 22, 2015]
L Castano

OVERALL
Strength:

Works well when new

Doesn't work well after some use

I don't mind paying good money for good products, but spending $400 for a product that repeatedly fails is not pleasant.
Seatpost fails to lock in position and acts like a pogo stick. Sent it in and got fixed, but didn't last too long. Bike shop quoted $175 to fix it because it's now out of warranty. I'm buying a different brand for less money.

[Jul 05, 2015]
C

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth. Reliable. Very good design with no moving cable housing.

None so far. I guess if you twisted my arm to complain about this post, I might say I wouldn't mind a nore adjustible thumb control, like on an angle a bit toward my thumb. But its fine the way it is, I just sometimes miss the button in a pinch-moment have to feel for it sometimes. If I didn't run a second ring up front, I'd have zero issue with the thumb-control as is. I'm limited to how far I can push it down because of the left side front derailuer paddle. I run it on a Knolly, and the cable runs nicely into position in all respects.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this post hasn't averaged at least four chili's??? I must have gotten lucky or something. Mine has been flawlessly reliable, smooth, and instantly responsive even in the rain. Granted, I'm not heavy-weight guy. I'm 5'8", and I weigh in at around 160 pounds with a fully loaded Deuter extreme pack with a spine board in it, So a good deal of direct weight is always on the post... and I take really long rides...sometimes 8 or 9 hour rides, and I usually ride no less than 5 or 6 days a week, with an oca The post gets a lot of use, mostly in dry weather, but some drizzly rain too. Don't ride much in the mud though. Thus far, I just take it for granted that the post is doing its job. All I do is clean it and wipe is down with slick lube after each use. I don't run it at high pressure. I just keep it clean. I might wipe it down if I stop to eat on the trail, but not always.

I'd definitely recommend this post to anyone who want a flawless, smooth and silent actuation, with an adequate thumb knob, and yes, a non-moving cable housing.

I read some of the reviews on this post and I just don't get it. Either the company produces inconsistent quality, or I'm just a lucky bast%rd...? I give it a solid 5 and if it lasts another year and if it THEN craps out? Well, I can live with that. Two solid years out of a post like this is acceptable to me. Just have to wait and see.

Knolly Chilcotin. E-Thirteen TRS-R wheels. Bos Forks

[Jun 05, 2015]
adecola

OVERALL
Strength:

Greatest post I ever used when new. Smooth and easy to control.

Poorly designed seals easily allowed mud to get into unit. After just a few months, started having trouble.

While post still worked, I sent it in to KS for repairs. They sent it back to me in pieces, totally disassembled, saying it was not a warranty issue. I tried to get KS to reassemble the post but they refused and were nasty about it.

• Available At
$395
$395.1

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.