Fox Shox Transfer Dropper Seatpost

Best Price At
Available At

No details have been released on this new one called the Transfer but we’ve observed that it has 150mm of travel that is variable or ‘infinite’. Lever actuation is very light and the speed of the dropper rise is easily controllable with the actuation of the lever. Saddle side to side play is minimal with very little wobble and the saddle is locked up or down in any position in its travel.

[Nov 01, 2017]
Michael
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

It has good reviews on all the online mtb web pages. I'm optimistic It will be the best of posts when I finish RMA procedure. Also the external routing is great if you use it on more than one bike.

It arrived not functioning at all. The screws on the remote switch are very small.

I installed it with out much problem. The post will go down when the remote lever is depressed. but it will not return more than an inch.

Joplin, Rase Black Momba, KS ??? KS Lev, Reverb, Thomson, and two Gravity droppers.

[Dec 18, 2016]
James
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

price- post only, works smoothly and controllably

wobble/play side to side.
Stack height for the non-stealth one is huge. Must be 3 or 4 inches so I can't get my seat low enough.
I cut the tube on my frame down to accommodate it. Most people will use the stealth version so it won't matter but my 2014 frame did not have internal stealth routing so i got the external one.
The lever is overpriced and it isn't even a good lever. Buy the wolf tooth lever, it's cheaper and way better. My lever cut the cable in half.

Used one season and it is still going strong. I have the 125mm externally routed one...It does come with some wobble/play from side to side. It is very noticeable when you grab the nose of the saddle and wiggle it back and forth. But I don't notice when riding so not a big deal for me I was just surprised that it moves..
I think the post itself is priced well but then they charge you 65 bucks for the POS lever. Which makes it cost as much as other posts that include the lever like a KS. so...
Come on Fox, who you think you are kidding here? Just do it right or don't do it at all.
The post has survived some crashes and works like the day I got it..

The lever is actually a piece of garbage and I advise to buy the post only.

None, first dropper

[Jul 09, 2016]
Jay S

OVERALL
Strength:

Value, weight, ease of intallation.

poor quality control?

I bought and installed yesterday. When the post was compressed it would "leak" up slowly every time. Some would say this was a cable tension issue, however the same problem existed when the post was off the bike without the cable attached. I returned it today, the store I bought it from noted that they have seen a "few" of these transfers come back with the same issue. Its too bad as the professional reviews seem pretty optimistic. I might try again but I'm considering my options.

lev