DNM ASP-R Dropper Seatpost

Ecclusive anti-roll spin of structure with safe steady. Single tube with separate air/oil system. adjustabel air pressure 7050 tube material, excellent machining, and smooth adjustment. Easy adjust saddle could change suitable stepping length while over up/down hill, rider no need necessary stop by using tools to adjust.

• Diameter 30.9mm & 31.6mm & 34.9mm
  • Tube length 330mm / Travel 110mm
  • Maximum lockout force 5Nm
  • Seat tube maximum insert length 170mm
  • Seat tube minimum insert length 90mm
  • Adjustable by manual and remote control

• USER REVIEWS

[May 19, 2018]
    Keeponpedalling

OVERALL
    Strength:

I have run one of these for a couple of years without issue. There's no wobble like Giant switch posts. The air adjustment works fine once you geet it right.

Getting the air adjusted right is a process. You need a decent shock pump then there's a method. If you have ever adjusted the air in your shocks then you can do this. It's the same!

Price Paid:
    $149
    Purchased:
    New
    [Apr 19, 2016]
    Bill

OVERALL
    Strength:

Infinite adjustability

1. Lever is poorly designed for easy access during riding.
    2. Poor customer service or access to support regarding concern.
    3. Under designed - failed after one season.

The product worked great all fall; however, after the first couple spring rides the post would not hold position. I tried to contact support from manufacturer, but to no avail.

[May 05, 2015]
    Dan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap and works after a bit of fiddling.

Took a bit of fiddling to get it working.

The lever on the bars is metal on metal so take it apart and grease it! Also there is a lever under the seat which is supposed to pop back up and pull the cable back through, after a few rides it get gunky and stops working. So get a string out of a clicky pen and put it around the cable to force the level open again every time.....fixed!

I did all this and it's working perfectly for over a year now.

[Dec 17, 2014]
    fabian

OVERALL
    Strength:

Always works without fail. nice return. easy to work on.

dust seal is not the best, sticks to station without lube. cable actuated so needs lubing. leaks air over a period of 3-4 months.seatpost clamp needs to be clamped way beyond recommended setting to secure the seat.

Ive had this post for a year now and have had no issues to date. the remote cable needs lubing as frequently as you lube shifter cables. I could see how lack of maintenance would be the downfall of this post. over this time a friend has rebuilt his reverb 2 times and ive yet to open mine up.

[Mar 28, 2014]
    Stevelkneivel

OVERALL
    Strength:

This is also my first dropper post, so I can't compare it to anything else, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.
    $AUD139 delivered!
    It's sturdy, there's no side to side movement and for the most part it works and does what it says on the box.
    I just did a nice circuit in the Adelaide hills and I must say it was a frikken joy being able to drop the post and smash the downhills without stopping, and then raising it to climb out again without a hitch. Pretty cool. But Like I said, my first dropper post.
    I read the other reviews where people mentioned the actuator on the post didn't have enough grunt, so I fitted a spring straight out of the box. FYI it was a Seymour Duncan wide spread pickup spring. Your local guitar shop will have one. :)

Stiction. Not all the time.
    Air pressure is a pain in the ring, or it could just be me. I have an X-Fusion shock pump which works fine with my Fox shocks, but to get the required 200 psi into this thing is impossible, seemingly, because even when I gank the pressure right up to 280, releasing the pump loses 100psi through releasing the hose. I'm assuming it's because the air cannister is so small. So it had 210 psi when i put the pump on first time, but now I can't get it above 160psi. Could be my shizen pump technique though.
    Apparently it's heavy, but I ride a L Pitch so who cares!

Considering it's price I'd say it's awesome value. If you are concerned about weight, consider taking a dump before your next ride and you'll easily make the difference between this and a name brand post.
    If someone asked if they should get one, and they had never had a dropper post before, I'd say definitely get one.
    Hopefully it stands up to the test of time, but I'm sure shock tech could service the seals if needed.

[Feb 15, 2014]
    John

OVERALL
    Strength:

Excellent price. Virtually no side to side play. Infinite adjustment. 110mm travel. Looks great.

Remote cable friction(easily fixed with a small spring)

I originally set out to buy a "reverb" but was persuaded by the price($165 shipped) and red color choice of the ASP-R. Installation was super easy and straight forward. I used it quite extensively last fall, and could not be more impressed. Sure, its my first dropper post, but I can't see getting a better overall value with any other post. It has held pressure without any leaks. There's virtually no side to side play. Has infinite adjustment within its 110mm travel. The only problem I had was after a while, the remote lever would not return to locked position on its own; this was easily fixed with a little spring on the cable, under the lever on the post. If it wasn't for that small issue, I would have rated 5 chillies. Overall a great seat post. I highly recommend it.

[Sep 23, 2013]
    Jack Straw

OVERALL
    Strength:

Infinite adjustment.

Durability. Remote sticks quite a bit.

I have now had 2 of these, both eventually failed the same way. If this product would function as it does when it is first out of the box for longer than 6 months, it would be 5 chilies, but it jut cannot stand up. Both posts I had started to slip a bit dropping about .5" for no reason, then they both eventually stopped holding pressure and would drop randomly as I rode. It is too bad, when working it was great. I would save a little more cash and go with a more reliable post.

[Sep 18, 2013]
    hans

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price

Reliability

I bought this from e-bay just to try a dropper post before i invest alot of money for 135 dollars--much less than most droppers. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes the remote is to stiff when grime gets into the area where the cable meets the seatpost. I put a spring under the small lever at the seatpost to push it back up after it has been engaged to improve reliability. This works but you have to use a spring with just the right amount of stiffnes or it wont work or the remote will be hard to push. I don't think it is a bad seatpost, but can be unreliable and deter me from using it as much.

[Feb 19, 2013]
    Iasgair

OVERALL
    Strength:

no sideways movement, infinite adjustment, sturdy, stylish and great value.

Remote control was fiddly to get right.

I've had mine for a summer and winter season, it has been used and neglected over that time. First the negative, I found that (it may be common to other seatpost remotes) finding somewhere on my bars that was easy access, allowed the cable to run true and avoided the brakes and shifters took some time. I also found that the remote cable was sensitive to excessive mud. The power available to pull back the lever to the lock position was poor and therefore any stickiness in the cable was a pain.
    I solved all that by including a spring between the cable stop and the lever (threading it over the remote cable) It works superbly now.
    Apart from that the post feels solid, no movement at all when locked, easy to keep clean and lubricated, takes massive punishment from my not insignificant frame and keeps on trucking.

Recommened

[Jul 03, 2012]
    Trooperuss

OVERALL
    Strength:

Solid build strength.
    Quality build materials
    110mm of infinite adjustment
    Price compared to similar adjustable posts

Weight, a non issue for me, but it is heavy for some
    Seatpost weight 583g, remote weight:90g
    Forward saddle mount

Just got back from my first 5 hour + ride using this seat post and I can't find enough good things to say about it.
    I paid $167 shipped to my door, and this post was definitely worth that price.
    I had been looking at dropper posts for about 4 months but was repeatedly turned off by the high cost.
    Having found this one I have no regrets so far.

Before i get too far in, let me state that this is the first dropper post I have ever used, so this is not really a comparison to other makes/models.

It is very beefy, and seems well built.
    Both the release and remote are made from machined aluminum, so they should hold up to some trail abuse.
    I'm not sure what the name for it is, but the saddle mount has fine teeth on the top and bottom allowing for lots of fine angle, saddle adjustments.

So far I have not experienced any issues with the post getting "stuck" in the dropped position, which is common with the KS posts.

The design of this post makes it so that the saddle mount is forward of the post.
    This may be an issue for riders who prefer their seat farther back of the center of the post. I have heard of people mounting the DNM seatpost backwards to compensate for this. However I cannot speak to the reliability of this method as it likely puts forces of the riders weight in directions that the post was not designed for.
    I mounted mine in the designed direction and my saddle is pretty well centered on the mount. So I suspect the majority of riders will not have an issue with this.

The only other issue you might have is that the seatpost is too high when fully extended.
    When I installed mine, I had to insert it all the way into the seat tube (to the min height line on the DNM post) to be in a proper pedaling height when fully extended. Users with shorter legs or taller seat tubes, may have to go without using the full length adjustment, or consider cutting down the seat tube. I'm 5'11" if that helps at all.

Some concerns I have, based on my own research on dropper posts:

1. Staying in upright position - (the KS seatpost seems to have multiple reviews where the users mention that the post no longer stays in the upright position but rather acts like a suspension seat post, and to fix you have to send the post into KS to be serviced. The reason I have this concern is that the DNM post seems to be very similar in appearance to the KS, however I have not experienced any such problems)

2. Possible seatpost damage from Bicycle repair stand - (LBS, and lots of home builders use repair stands that hold the bike by the seatpost. I have heard that this can cause internal damage to dropper posts, and cause them to no longer function. I build this bike myself, and as it was my first build I took it into my LBS to have it looked over to make sure I did everything right. As they took it back I was chatting up the LBS owner and casually looked back at my bike and cringed as I thought I saw that he had put it in the stand using the adjustable post, but he actually raised the entire post from the seatpost clamp and used the lower seatpost to put in the repair stand. This made me think that they are aware of the issues, but maybe not all LBS's are?)

3. Dirt and debris in the release mechanism - It's seems common that dropper post owners cover the release mechanism with an old tube section, to prevent dirt getting into it and fouling things up. I have not had any issues yet, but will be doing the same just to be safe.

Those are the only concerns I have, and hopefully I have explained where those concerns come from.
    If I have any of those concerns become an actual problem (or if any other issues arise) I will post an updated review to shed light on those issues. But if you don't see another review here from me, then consider my concerns a non issue, and consider this a product I would reccomend.