Bontrager Drop Line Dropper Seatpost

• Remote cable actuation with ergonomically designed under-bar lever
  • Air-sprung hydraulic locking cartridge offers infinite adjustability within dropping range
  • Keyed chassis prevents rotation for a stable ride
  • 2-bolt rocker head with micro adjustment allows for easy saddle tilt adjustment
  • Internal cable routing keeps housing tucked away and free from moving wheel

[Oct 06, 2018]
pumpnjump

OVERALL
Strength:

NONE and this could be a rant... ! This is my second Dropline post. First one was broke from day one and after 6 months of complaints and returns and reading all the bad user reviews of the same problems. I got offered a replacement Dropline (beta 2) and thanks I had to pay for at slightly discounted rate and it was seizing again and broken from day one! Bad Trek Manager at LBS in my neighbourhood. Treated me like an idiot even after I paid him $11k for my EX9.9 and accessories .Trek have a review page on there site but after investigation trying to post less than happy reviews on their site I looked at the dev who created the review page software they use.

Side to side play in the post, developed in the first few hours of riding. After that the post started sticking and gradually got worse. I was told at first inspection one month later internals had corrosion. After new kit put through it same problems, same symptoms. Replacement post is supposed to be the new 150mm version 2 and it has the same sticking. i have 2 other aftermarket droppers on other bikes and one is 4 years old and both perfect. The dropline design is either seriously flawed or myself and a lot of other people are just having really bad luck.

[May 27, 2018]
jukeyboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Pops up slowly. Works like most posts on the market. After a year with this post, I am still not happy with it at all. The side to side play is horrible! It doesn't pop up all the way. I have done everything from cleaning the seals to using dropper post lube. It's just a bad design. I know that many droppers experience this problem but it doesn't make it right. I recently purchased a Trek Stache for my son that came with this post on it. It came from Trek not working at all. The post barely drops. You have to slam your weight down to get it to go down. Maybe it will come come up if you don't yank it up.

Gets stuck a lot. Cabling binds on my Trek Stache 9.8. Pops up slowly (my last post was the Fox that popped up quickly). I'm conflicted. Creaks a bunch. Side to side play. Not worth it!

Price Paid:
2017
[Oct 07, 2016]
mtnbikerva1

OVERALL
Strength:

Too soon to tell.

Rotational Play in the post, not a lot but it is there.
Button to operate post takes a lot of force when you buy the optional for a 2x drive train.

Not great not terrible.
I have only had it a few weeks, so it is too early to give a quality long term review.