TekTro Auriga Series Disc Brake System

Tektro Auriga Comp Disc Brake Caliper and Lever Set features an open system design using non-corrosive and environment-friendly mineral oil.This is a good choice if you are looking for a quality hydraulic brake system at a good value. Dual piston design Melt forged caliper body with automatic positioning via front or rear adapters Reversable lever design withTwo piece bracket for easy removal Includes factory bled caliper, hose, waveType rotor and mounting hardware Caliper BrakeType: Di

[Aug 12, 2018]
JSumner13

OVERALL
Strength:

Great stopping power, especially for the price. Comes with a bleed kit which is a nice bonus (I wish Shimano,Sram,Etc. would do this). I picked up this brake in a pinch when my Sram Level piston failed when out of town on a MTB trip. I bought it because it was the least expensive brake the LBS had in stock. I was pleasantly surprised with how it performed. When I got home I picked up a front brake so I had the set. They now have a home on my singlespeed and have been problem free for 4 months now. I gave is a 4 based on value.

A bit noisy when wet (like the old Juicys) but it doesn't effect stopping power.

Purchased:
New
[May 22, 2018]
SamGriffo

OVERALL
Strength:

None. See below.

These brakes Were on my Whyte 801, I have had to bleed these numerous times, Pads and Disc may as well be made of a dogs squeaky toy. Twice the Hose has popped from the lever not on the trail luckily, Cheap junk that shouldn't be allowed on a bike.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Apr 30, 2016]
RonSonic

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, effective, easy and inexpensive to work on

You mayneed to work on them

Price-wise these are the low end of hydro brakes and give excellent bang for the buck.

I got a set of these with 160mm rotors on an entry level, mass market bike and am very happy with the manufacturer's choice. When assembling the bike I wiped the rotors with acetone, switched the hoses because I ride left-hand-back-brake, shortened the hoses and bled the brakes with the $10 kit Tektro sells and have had trouble-free braking.

This is my introduction to the hydro brake experience.

[Dec 04, 2015]
Igota29er

OVERALL
Strength:

Have had these on my 29er for over 5 years, have been very happy and plenty of stopping power on big wheels and 200lb rider.

Developed a Turkey Gobble which I mostly fixed by putting electrial tape on the inside face of the pads to stop the vibration between the disc and caliper

very happy at this price point, while I ride hard I am not a downhill maniac they have been more than adequate.

[Oct 27, 2014]
Off-Road Jones
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

none at all

no stopping power / garbage design / terrible all around

These are total junk. TekTro should stick to mechanical brakes and stay out of hydraulics. These were re-bled before I picked the bike up, but they are still junk. I'm taking my brand new bike back to the shop and having them give me Shimano brakes!!!

Avoid these at all costs if you have the ability.

Shimano M395 hydraulics

[Sep 22, 2012]
sam

OVERALL
Strength:

strong, reliable and pads are easy to find. superstar components pads are a very good combination.

mine gobble like hell no matter what i do to them, bit annoying to bleed at first and the lever could look better.

great all-round brakes, lots of power and modulation with 203mm rotors. they are far better than my old formula oro k18's- which worked for 2 weeks. the tektro's are a bit noisy for me but i love them.

giant mph

[Jul 22, 2012]
Craig
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

They're more effective than anything else at this price point. They're powerful enough that a handful of brakes would easily send me over the handlebars, and I'm 170lbs. They're even better than the Avid Juicy 3s's fitted to my FR bike, and are FAR easier to bleed.

Useless when wet; they just squeak and don't stop.

When they're dry, they're brilliant. When wet, next to useless.

Avid Juicy 3, Hayes Stroker 9

[Jun 23, 2011]
tombennett

OVERALL
Strength:

great breaking capabilities for what you pay, i bought a voodoo hoodoo from halfords with them pre-fitted for £475, and didn't expect them to be too good as most of the money seemesd to have been spent on the forks(which are amazing)

need a bit of adjusting and an upgrade of pad

very good brakes for a rider who isnt attempting death defying downhill tracks every weekend.

[Jun 05, 2011]
slipperysam

OVERALL
Strength:

Brakes work well saved my butt a few times in the woods

Stndard Pads are S*** put new ones in straght away. Felt like a new system after that.

Cant complain at price, you pay for what you get!!

[Apr 27, 2011]
hab solo

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to stop with, strong bite of the calipers with an easy squeeze of the lever.

Bit noisy

very good did what they need to do

new-avid jusy 3