SRAM Level Series Disc Brake System

Best Price At
Available At

Level puts the same proven SRAM brake technology used on the 2015 Downhill World Championship-winning bike into a smaller, lighter-weight package. Braking power and modulation are optimized by matching our DirectLink™ lever design with authoritative 2-piston calipers. Reach adjusters are hidden from outside elements, giving the entire package a clean, confident look. And with five options to choose from, Level makes it easy to find the perfect setup.

Available Models:

• Level

[May 16, 2018]
buffalo bill Clinton

OVERALL
Strength:

I'm a big guy and these brakes work well under my weight traveling downhill. I guess I'm reviewing the newest version of the level t, but they just work. I have had no issues and have had my bike about two weeks now with just over a hundred miles on it. So, yeah I ride it almost every day. So far they just work, good modulation, they don't squeal, no fade, good brakes....

Have not found anything yet.

Price Paid:
2018
[Mar 30, 2018]
ffejufo

OVERALL
Strength:

Nothing.

This for the level t's that came on my bike. They worked great for one run than they started fading. Next the brake squeal noise. Lever feels like a sponge and have to pull very hard to get the bike to stop what sram calls modulation. Bleeding the brakes solved nothing and there a pain to bleed. Sram makes some good products but brakes aren't one of them. I haven't had a good set of avid brakes since the juicy 7's. Shimano and Magura are the brake leaders.

Price Paid:
Came on bike
Model Year:
2015
[Apr 11, 2016]
InWyo

OVERALL
Strength:

Great modulation, great power, great ergonomics, cut some weight off the bike

Had to bleed out of box
location of adjustments are difficult to access while lever is in ridding postion

In short, the brakes are phenomenal. Everything works as advertised....

Couple of minor niggles... the reach and contact adjustments are tooled and out of the way far a lighter, and cleaner setup... But, I'm running a XX1 with grip shift and so I had to actually move the brake lever on the right inward on the bar to actually get a tool to the appropriate adjustment nut. With other drive trains MAYBE you can adjust without moving the lever, but I had no such luck. Also, my wrench told me that he had to bleed one of the brakes out of the box...not entirely unheard of, but something to keep in mind. Jury is still out as I may still be breaking them in, and perhaps the rotors have something to do with it, but when braking hard on the front, I did get a little bit of vibration that I wasn't expecting, but I'm also not at all concerned about it.

Now, out on the trail.

Ergonomics are darn good. The lever is a bit flatter then other brakes I've used so I feel like I've got a bit more of my skin on the lever. More contact area may contribute to the light feel of the lever too (less pressure), and feels more secure. With the reach and contact adjustments, you can dial it in exactly where you want it, and how much free stroke it has.

Power...there's plenty. These ARE different then Shimanos, and I prefer it. It seams as though the shimanos have less stroke. The lever doesn't really move much after the contact, and modulation is based on how hard you are pressing the lever, as opposed to how far they move. With the Sram Levels and Guides, your pressure is pretty consistent through the stroke, but they are modulated by how much farther you pull the lever. To me this is more natural and less fatiguing.

Overall, I love these brakes and am quite satisfied.