Hope Moto V2 Disc Brake System

• Floating and Vented Versions
  • New “Moto” lever giving smooth, progressive feel. Bite point control to adjust lever feel. Split clamp for easy fi tting. Integrated master cylinder reservoir for easy bleeding. Adjustable lever reach. Braided hose as standard.
  • Caliper – One piece caliper, machined from solid billet of aluminium with stiffer caliper bridge and 3D machined pockets. As well as reducing weight, this also allows us to make a more rigid caliper, improving the lever feel. Silver caliper with black bore caps allowing access for servicing. Caliper pistons are now made from phenolic to isolate the caliper from the heat generated in the pads.
  • Disc - Available with a fl oating rotor or our revolutionary VENTED disc. This new disc reduces disc temperatures by over 15%.
  • Use - Freeride + All-mountain + DH

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 24, 2013]
    Stephen

OVERALL
    Strength:

Everything

None so far

Came off Limited Edition Greg Minaar Formula The One's ( due to selling the bike with them on ) and didn't have the right amount of cash to get another set so i plumped for the V2's after reading and hearing good things about them, First ride out was just getting the feel of the brake but by the end of my 2nd ride i loved them, They havent got the overal power of the One's ( there not going to ) but there genuinely just as good as the Formula's, would highly recommend these brakes and Hopes Customer service is second to None ( Just ordered some new kevlar pads ), buy a pair put them on and ride, YOU WONT REGRET IT !

[Jun 12, 2012]
    Chris

OVERALL
    Strength:

They LOOK good

Other than the looks?? Everything!

Where to start!? mmm, they do not stop your bike! I had heard so many good things about Hope that I decided to go with the V2 of the Saint, I already have codes on my other bike and wanted to try something new. So I went with the Hope's due to what I have heard, the marketing on the solid CnC master cylinder and caliper. Once I installed them, centralized them, and went through the pad,rotor break in they just didnt feel right. So I went to my LBS had them bleed the brakes which felt good on the stand, once I got on the bike with my body weight and momentum the lever pull was back to squeezing my fingers between the bar and lever. I went back and had them bleed again, checked for leaks, replaced the diaphragm, replaced the pads. Still nothing, same performance out of them. I might have 20 to 30 rides on them, they are brand new. My LBS tells me they are fine I just am not used to the modulation and I am in the process of trying to get in touch with Hope directly and so far as of 9 days the customer service seems on par with their brakes. So the new name of these brakes to me are Hopeless! DO NOT BUY THESE BRAKES!

[Aug 29, 2010]
    Rockhucker

OVERALL
    Strength:

Incredible braking and very adjustable lever

Not a performance weakness by any means but you better leave the levers slightly loose on your bars because braking a lever will cost serious money to fix.

Amazing brakes that have tons of power and modulation with little to no brake fade. The levers let you dial in the exact feel that you want and the whole system obviously looks amazing.

Hayes HFX9, juicy 7

[Apr 10, 2010]
    Nick Irwin

OVERALL
    Strength:

Modulation, Power, Looks

Price

Had these 1 year on front, just upgraded rear.

Hope finally listened and put decent pads as standard - now work in the dry and wet.

Awesome power, like hitting a brike wall. Heat disapation is excellent, still cool at the bottom of a 4 minute downhill.

[Oct 24, 2009]
    Descent 5.75

OVERALL
    Strength:

Stopping power, adjustibility, looks

Not really a weakness, but do take some time getting used to if you have been riding weaker brakes. Not light, but I was looking more for pure stopping power than light weight.

Brakes are amazing. I can ride faster and farther into situtations that would normally cook my juicy 7's. I understnad that they are completly different brakes for different uses, but the differences are worlds apart. Have not had a problem, as some others, with modulation. Have the tech V2 and love the adjustibility of the levers and the control of the power. Perfect for technical AM/FR descents when stopping power is critical.

Juicy 7

[Sep 28, 2009]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Awesome power, easy to adjust, great modulation, trouble free

long levers, a little tight with the shifter pod

Best brakes ever, had Hayes Mag 8's on a Kona Stab Supreme, they were crap so I installed Avid Codes, had bleed issues all season, bike shop had same problems so they went back to Avid, took 8 months! Put Moto V2's on and never had a single issue, switched the Stab for the Glory but took the brakes from the Stab and put them on the Glory, same as before, not a single problem. AWESOME. Got them for half price from Bow Cycle, they were last years so no vented rotors, no biggie, maybe throw some of those on later.

Hope m4, Avid Code, Avid juicy 7, Hayes Mag 8

[Jul 03, 2009]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

Craftsmanship, strengh, good modulation, confident one finger braking, most adjustable brake on the market and easy to set up.

Weight, can be a squeezy with your shifter pods

Best Brakes I have ever used, gives me lots of confidence to get out of trouble when my eyes get too big for me belly, The build quality is exeptional,the tech levera are amazing bits of kit easy to adjust, I can not overheat these brakes no matter what i do to them, my M4 were good brakes these are a lot better, although my M4s were getting on a bit. I have used a mates bikes with more expensive brakes not as good, making these great value at 300 $AU an end. Not great for trail unless you can excuse the weight 600g per end they are great for All Mountain, Freeride and Downhill.

had Hope M4, Tried Shimano, FX9, Elixer, Stroker

[Mar 16, 2009]

OVERALL
    Strength:

well builded, proper cnc parts , braking power , piston travel can be changed ...

none so far....

2009 , hope getting ride of the old system for peanuts , you can get a complete set ( front and rear ) for £200 with floating rotor.
    for the quality and strength you can't beat that at the moment.
    set of code 5 will cost you £260 and they far to reach the same quality
    they simple to use once you know how to set the piston master cylinder travel .
    they power but it's progressive and i love it . will certainly change for a 183mm on the front for better feeling .
    keep in mind those new x2 have brakink pad contact screw on the front , but it's really expose to crash and i saw already some serious damage on those new system + difficulty to set with your triggers....
    buy them while you still can ....

shimano xt , avid code

[Oct 17, 2008]

OVERALL
    Strength:

quality craftmanship, adjustability, sex appeal

squeak like a $300 brake shouldn't

Awesome brakes, stopping power is rediculous, but adjustability allows you to set the modulation how you like it. NO fade at all, even on full Whistler laps. But again, can't get over the sqeak these things have. Rode with 2 other guys with the same brakes and its was a chorus of squeak for a full shuttle day - can't believe no one else has mentioned this?

Hayes, Hope Ti6

[Jul 30, 2008]
    petedog_h

OVERALL
    Strength:

amazing power. I am not a small man at over 270 and 6'2" these brakes have stopped me every time no matter what or how step the terrain. I also have to mention that they have yet to have any hint of fade to them.

price and overall weight

if you are a dher or a freerider these are worth a serious look. I had the vented rotors front and rear until I bent the rear and I slaped on a old rotor and the brakes are still amazing

value I deducted one chili for the price
    overall I deducted one chili for the total weight

hayes hfx 9 with all rotor size

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.