Grimeca System 11 Disc Brake System

SYSTEM - 11 rugged and solid, incorporates 4 big pistons, of 18 mm, each of them moves directly one single pad. The result is an awesome braking power, direct and prompt, combined with the best modulation due to the independent movement of the four pads.

[Sep 12, 2009]
vk45de

OVERALL
Strength:

Modulation, power, looks, really thick rotor (strong)

Hose cannot be cut, always stick is weird direction (b/c 90deg fittings), and will expand a little under pressure. Cannot use System 8/m755 pads. 180mm IS front caliper (cannot run 160mm rotor in front). Calipers are REALLY wide

I got them thinking they were system 8s but turned out they had 4 separate pads. Worse, they couldn't even fit my shimano deore front hub b/c the caliper was so wide it rubbed the spokes - yikes. When I finally got some wheels that could clear the calipers, they performed great modulating better than my brand new HFX mags with better power too. Sure the hose expands a little bit but that just makes it so the the rear (with a longer hose) gets less power and therefore better modulation. Therefore, what was a mistake buy turned out to be an unexpected amazement. I now love the way they look and how well they stop.

HFX mags, several Vs, nothing comes close

[Apr 26, 2007]
Mike G
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong stopping power

Rear lever seal went out

Bought this bike used and the rear brakes were a little squishy. Being a first time DH rider with hyraulic disc brakes, somewhere I read you can substitute brake fluid with Mineral Oil (shut up, I know, stupid mistake) So after bleeding them many times with real DOT fluid. It seems that the seal around the piston went out. With the res cap off, when I pull the lever I can see the fluid coming out of the hole in the bottom as if the piston is displacing the fluid and forcing it back into the res. WTF!

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN REPLACE THE SEAL?? or do I have to replace the whole lever setup?

System 9, same problems

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.