Alligator Wavy Rotor Brake Rotors

Alligator Wavy Rotors are High Grade Stainless Steel Disc brake rotors. Precision engineered to achieve high strength, and superior heat dispersion.

[Mar 21, 2014]
Hoolie

OVERALL
Strength:

One piece, no rivets to loosen or vibrate, I originally had them on 2nd wheelset for street riding, and descend 1500 feet with no fading or squeal.

Heavyish

This is a tough review to write because it is difficult to scientifically test rotor performance by the seat of your pants. I have XTR rotors on new 2012 Turner that seem to work fine. I also have nice AVID HSX heat shedding rotors ($70 each) that vibrate through my frame on 2nd bike. They are mounted to CHRIS KING hubs. 2nd wheelset has Alligator Wavy rotors and are silent, work great, and seem to be as good as XTR on other bike. I should note that both bikes have the same Shimano XT 985 brakes. I like the Wavy rotors so well, that as of 3/21/2014, I just ordered 3 more. Both wheelsets get new Alligator rotors, the XTR will stay on other bike, but I cannot tell the difference. I have decided that 2 piece rotors are not for me. I do wonder who makes the best 1 piece rotor, and how do we find out what grade of steel is used by different manufactures?